Thursday, June 30, 2005

A Little About Me....

Hello world....I decided to share some things about me that you might not know so here it goes....

I was born during the Bicentennial year of 1976 in Inglewood California. At the time of my birth Gerald Ford was president. The fashion was faded Levi's and of course platformed shoes. I am the second daughter of my parents with an older sister. By nature I am a very quiet person. I also have two cousins, aunts and uncles. For a time when I was little I lived in New Orleans but I have come to pronounce it Naw'leans. My family and I lived in the French Quarter of New Orleans for a short period of time before moving back to California.

Let me jump ahead to the future once more....Here I am 29 years old and I'm still single, obviously. I never had a boyfriend and I haven't started dating....yet. You might say I'm looking for "the one". I have had crushes on guys but none have ever known it. I still find it hard just to approach guys and tell them how I feel but I guess that's pretty normal. Anyway its time to move on to other things.

I am currently working here in Georgia at a Courthouse. I help to maintain the appearance of the courthouse in the courtrooms, to offices to the judges' chambers. At the courthouse I'm constantly going,going and going doing this or doing that. Its a never ending job but someone has to do it. I work Mondays thru Fridays which for me is a nice schedule.

On a different note I like to hang out with my family and my nieces who are 5 and 13. My nieces keep my on my toes and always answering a million different questions.

When it comes to what I like that's a horse of a different color. I like to read and write both in my online journal and in a journal that I keep by hand. I also like to rent movies and with it buy popcorn. What are my favorite movies you wonder....For starters 84 Charing Cross Road with Anthony Hopkins, Troy with Brad Pitt, You've Got Mail with Tom Hanks, Bed Of Roses with Christian Slater and a few others which would take days to name so on to other things....

I also like to read some of my favorite journals which you might already know.....

Another interesting fact about me is that I like to read....mainly classics.....The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Treasure Island, 1984, Cannery Row, To Kill A Mockingbird and Fahrenheit 451 and a few million others.

Here's something else you might not know...I also like to read poetry. My favorite poets are...Robert Frost, Emily Dickinson, Walt Whitman, Sylvia Plath, e.e. Cummings, William Shakespeare,John Donne and Edgar Allan Poe and yes there are others but that's enough for now.

My favorite shows on television are....West Wing, Law and Order, One Tree Hill, The Travel Channel, The Discovery Channel, Lifetime and many,many, many,many,many others.

My favorite movie....The Replacements....with Keanu Reeves don't ask me why.

There are a few other things you might want to know dear world but that's for another day. I hope this gives you a little insight into my wee uninteresting life.

Good night for now dear world....sleep well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodnight back to you. (Smile)
Spencer
http://journals.aol.com/yeolecontractor/SpencersPlace
http://journals.aol.com/yeolecontractor/AtYourServiceMaam

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to visit New Orleans.  So nice to get to know more about you.  I love poetry as well and movies.  I am sure Mr. Right is out there somewhere, perhaps you should join some groups or societies perhaps something to do with books or poetry.  The right person is out there but sometimes you have to go looking.  Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I think the right person for you will come along when you least expect it. These things tend to happen like that!  You have very good taste in literature.  To Kill a Mockingbird is a wonderful book.  The characters came alive for me.  Have a lovely weekend...:-)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I liked the Replacements too........... great when he went back and saved the day. There's someone out there for you, one you'll be able to talk to without being nervous, he'll come along soon. Have a good week end.~xxR