Wednesday, June 8, 2005

An Endless Day

Hello again...Today was what you would call sweltering here in Georgia and endless.  Of course what began my day was a tree that fell in the middle of the road before I went off to work. The only thing is it didn't stop me from being able to get to work. My work day continued and then later in the afternoon there was an incident which had all of us evacuating the building. We were told where to go until we were given further instructions of course we were all left standing outside in the sweltering heat for an hour and a half. I can't go into details of what happened because that would require me having to go into a series of long and exhausting details of how it all began. Let's let's just say that the police department was called out and search dogs were brought along to clear the premises. The incident ended without anyone being injured and no danger was reported by security. After all was said and done I can say that the Dasani water industry would be happy to know that everyone at my job including myself would be more than happy to make several endorsements free of charge. I drank several bottles of Dasani that I could be considered its #1 fan including a lot of my coworkers. It is understandable am I not when I say that this kind of weather should be banned from recurring at least for another 60 years.Then again is it humanly possible for it to be any hotter than sweltering ? 

All in all this dear world is the ordinary every day stuff of my life....Need I say more ???? 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would not like to stand outside in that heat for all that time.  Hopefully nothing was found. It is a pity in same ways that the fallen tree did not stop you going to work as you would have not to have faced all that.  Glad you drank plenty of water.

Anonymous said...

An hour and a half in the sweltering heat?  Oh my, no wonder you needed lots of water!!  We don't have sweltering at the moment, we just have pleasantly warm with a nice breeze ;o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I don`t know how you lasted so long in that heat. I`m sure I would have passed out before an hour had gone by.  At least you drank lots of water.:-)

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the recent visit to my journal...this is my first to yours.  I have lots of family in Georgia but have not been there in the summer.  Of course, we are all from Arizona and I now live in Washington, the state.

Nice journal you have here!!

Christina