Saturday, June 25, 2005

Still Curious....

Hello world....Today it was another sweltering day here in Georgia I'm beginning to wonder if I will survive this summer weather. I had to go to a little event at work even though my job gave me the day off. The event was outside and let me tell you it was quite a day baked in heat. Either than it was fine.

On a different note I was looking over an old newspaper clipping which reads "Who Is The Piano Man"? In the clipping it reads that on an island off southeast England a mysterious, sad-faced man was found sodden with seawater and dressed in a dinner suit. He never spoke. In the paper it reads that he plays the piano very well, with a repertoire that ranges from Tchaikovsky to the Beatles to his own compositions. It also reads that "Mr.X," remains locked in a mental hospital - withdrawn, fearful and clutching his sheet music to his chest.

The man was found April 7 or 8th on the Isle of Sheppey, a small, quiet island and sailing resort near the mouth of the River Thames. He is tall and fair-haired in his 20's or 30's. He appeared in a black dinner suit, white shirt and necktie. All the designer labels in his clothing had been mysteriously cut out. "Mr. X." was taken to a local hospital. He was unable to speak or rather declined. Interpreters were called in but there was no response from the man. He cringed when people tried to approach. Therapists said that he must have suffered from some emotional trauma.

After some time caregivers in the hospital handed him paper and a pencil hoping he might draw somethng. He then drew a detailed picture of a grand piano. He also played and played at the piano. The man cries and cries sometimes. He has written pieces of music. Still no one knows who he is.....

I wonder if anyone has identified the gentlemen or where he comes from. I am curious to hear if he was identified and returned to where he lives or to a family that has missed him. To this day it remains a mystery.....

P.S. There is a journal titled "Ruth Store News" that I think is pretty great.The writer of the journal is not only a super great writer but I think he would enjoy having some new readers drop some thoughts in about his journal. The journal "Ruth Store News" is a must read...so go ahead and drop in

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,

It's tragic on how he was found but the story is of one of wonder that such beautiful music was unlocked from someone so traumatised.  I dare say stories and novels will be written........just now everyone wants to just hug him to know what lies within, we all wish him back to this world so that help can be given.

The heat, yeah! we've had a little...........frizzled and well cooked springs to  mind.  Hope it gets cooler for u.~xxR

Anonymous said...

That last I heard he had still not been identified.  They thought he was the member of some overseas band as one of the band said he recognised him for the newspaper cutting but it turned out to be a false lead.  Poor man.  He has faded from the newspapers now so I do not know if they will ever find out. If they do, I will let you know.

Anonymous said...

I have heard about the mysterious British "Piano Man". So far, he has not been identified. It's very strange that no one has recognized him after all this time.....
I haven't yet visited "Ruth Store News" but I plan to as soon as possible.
                                                                                                          Jon

Anonymous said...

Tha last I heard of him was the same as Jeannette.  I don`t know if he has been identified but I doubt it because it would have been reported.  Someone, somewhere must know him.

Sandra xxx