Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Just Thinking....

Hello world....Tonight I'm sitting by the window and I can see the moon and its amazing. I was thinking that there were people who once took care of the light in a lighthouse and looking at the moon I think of those lighthouse keepers. It would be nice to think that there is a someone that takes care of the light that fills the moon late at night, a sort of keeper of the moon light. I  just think back to lighthouse keepers that constantly made sure the light was on for sailors lost in the night. Sailors would see the light which guided them home. Maybe someone else is looking up at the same moon I'm looking at and thinking the same thing.

On a different note today we had a rain soaked morning which always puts me in a little bit of a down mood. It was also another day at work for me. I was also reading the newspaper earlier today. I wonder how many newspapers the President has to read....I read that the war in Iraq have claimed more lives. 1st Lt. Noah Harris, 23 of Ellijay and Cpl William A. Long, 26 of Lilburn died Saturday from injuries Friday night near Buritz. The men were part of the Army's 2nd Battalion, 69th Armor Regiment, 3rd Brigade,3rd Infantry Division at Fort Benning. Noah Harris I read joined the army after the September 11th,2201 Terrorist Attacks on the United States. Long joined the Army 3 years agao. His stepfather had been in the Army, his stepbrother, Aaron had joined the Air Force. Long then joined the military.

I am proud of these two and the rest of the soldiers in Iraq. All I can see is that this war is claiming more and more lives every day. I know these men were proud to serve their country. I'm sure that all these goings on in Iraq are harder for those who have lost ones to this war. I hope the soldiers are able to return home for good one of these days. Who knows when all of these things going on in Iraq will ever come to an end.....you just never know.

I was reading through a journal titled "Dear Diary" and I liked it. The writer of the jornal had taken a trip to Venice Italy. The pictures in this journal are wonderful. Drop by the journal and have a look for yourself don't take my word for me....

Good-night world

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the moonlight as well.  I often look at it and think of all the people in different places who are looking at it as well.  Very sad about the troops. I hope they all go home soon. xxx

Anonymous said...

...on a different note, no pun intended, there is a song by Nickle Creek called "lighthouse" that I think you would really like. I'm not a huge country fan...but...I have an eclectic taste in music. I like many different styles. Thanks for visiting my journal AND commenting. I'll be back in a few weeks...soooo...drop back by.

...sweetest dreams...Terry