Sunday, June 26, 2005

Doing Nothing On A Sunday

Hello world....There is a journal titled "Ruth Store News" it is one that I have always read and enjoyed. The guy that writes the journal his name is JT. I hope that he doesn't mind me sharing a little bit of information about his journal.....

Just as Henry David Thoreau had lived Jt built a cabin in the middle of the woods on a place called Richards Bend also known as Speyside. Speyside is a place on Pitman Creek between the communities of Ruth and Alcade Kentucky. Speyside is a place outside of Somerset Kentucky. This is just a little that I read while looking through his journal but there is a lot more to read. He moved into the cabin on Sept. 21,2202 . The cabin he built has no electricity or indoor plumbing. He does hunt, goes fishing, writes for the local newspaper and he also writes books.

If you have a minute stop by and give it a read...

On a totally different note what I'm about to tell you will have you asking what in the world is she thinking.......I give you fair warning

On the Discovery Channel I watched a program that was called "The Life of Ants". I still find it hard to believe that I watched an entire hour just looking at ants. In one tree there was over a dozen ants and they overpowered a rather huge tarantula. I never knew ants could kill such a spider.

Here in Georgia there are a ton of trees so that makes me wonder how many ants that is all together. On the program I saw there were ants on the ground a huge tornado of them. Its hard to believe that amount of ants could possibly exist at all.

On the Discovery Channel I also learned that there is a particular ant called a "Jack Jumper" which is an extremely dangerous type of ant. This particular ant lives in Tasmania. There is another type of ant known as the "Siafu". On the rampage Siafu's can kill an elephant. Can you believe that ??? Your probably wondering why did I ever talk to you at all about ants.....I'll just leave you wondering.....

One last note I was reading another journal titled "Ellipsis....The Blue Willow Gallery". This journal is filled with fascinating photos. To those who enjoy wonderful memorable photos stop by and take a look. I really like the journal so I'm sure those of you who drop by will like it too.

For now good night world...sleep well

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, amazing what ants can do!  We have red ants in our local woods and when they bite it really hurts. Can I make a suggestion?  It would be much easier for us if you left a proper link to these journals that you mention.  When you visit one, save it to favourite places and then you can just add it to your journal where it will appear as a link.  You can then always delete it from your favourites places.  It can be hard sometimes trying to hunt a journal down.  A link would be much easier.