Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Sunday Update

Hello dear world

Good afternoon. How is everyone ? I thought I would come and share my day with you. Early this morning my folks and I and my nieces went to 9:00 a.m. mass at our church which you know is St. Philip Benizi Catholic Church. I thought you might want to know that after we have communion at our church we are given was is known as The Elijah Cup.

Here is the link to my church ----> www.stphilipbenizi.org/ there is also a picture of my church on the link if you want to see it.

What is the Elijah Cup ?? Well after communion the priest or the deacon calls a family, individual or a couple to the altar to receive the Elijah Cup which is a small cup that is a little smaller than the cup people drink wine from in church. The wine stands as Jesus's blood that he shared with the apostles at the Last Supper. Anywho...those who are given The Elijah Cup receive a blessing and they take it home and put it in a place of honor.

You might also want to know that a prayer journal also travels with the Elijah Cup. Each week the family, individual or couple that has the cup writes a thought, prayer or scripture verse for vocations to the priesthood, the diaconate and to the religious life. This week my family and I were given The Elijah Cup. The Elijah Cup is sitting on our mantel piece and the journal is sitting at the bottom of the mantel piece in front of the fireplace in which one of us will write a prayer or a thought we have for The Elijah Cup.

Do you have any such tradition my dear world ?

Later on my family and I went for breakfast at a place nearby called "The Waffle House". I ended up ordering a bacon and cheese wrap which is a flour tortilla wrapped around scrambled eggs and bacon, I also had hashbrowns which came scattered, smoothered and covered and chunked with onions, a slice of cheese and chunked with small bits of ham. I also had a chocolate chip waffle on the side covered with half melted chocolate chips on top which was good. My youngest niece was sitting next to me and she had a hamburger that she only likes with meat and lettuce and ketchup on the side. My oldest niece Jeanette who was sitting further down the counter at The Waffle House had a grilled cheese sandwich which she likes. I can tell you my dear world that our breakfast was pretty good.

After breakfast we got home and we changed clothes. At the moment my dad is watching the Atlanta Falcons football game. He isn't too happy at the moment about the way the game is going. He is a fan of sports so he watches a lot of the games.

Well that's about it for me and my news. How are things in your part of the world my dear world ? I hope that you are enjoying your Sunday. Tomorrow does start another week at work for me but I will be off again next weekend.

This weekend for me was nice. I hope yours was as well. That's all for now. I'll talk to you again soon.

Have a good one !!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the way you worship at your local church, Monae.

Anonymous said...

I find that very interesting about that cup and the tradition behind it.  Have a good week Monae.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Thanks for saying prayers.  That Elijah cup sounds like it is quite the honor to have.  Have a good week.  Take care.

Phil

Anonymous said...

wow sounds like an honor to have :)
Congrats!


Christopher

http://journals.aol.com/cmarlow480/ChristophersJournal/

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))Glad you all had a good time,have a nice weekend.