Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Day Yesterday....

Hello dear world

Good afternoon. How is everyone ? I wanted to come by and share the other day in my neck of the woods with you.

Anywho...yesterday at my church which is St. Philip Benizi Catholic Church there was an International Celebration. Before the celebration there was a Multicultural Mass held. The weather was quite wonderful for the celebration.

The celebration started at 6:30-9:00pm. My mom and I and my nieces attended the mass and the celebration. At the celebration there were people and food from all over the world. People from Italy,Venezula,Thailand,the Philippines, Poland, St. Croix, Sweden, Ghana, Liberia, Puerto Rico, Nigeria, Cameroon, Trinidad, Cuba, Mexico, Slovakia, Haiti, Germany, Jamaica and Ireland brought in food from where they live. I can tell you that Holland have the best desserts in the world.

At the celebration there was a Mariachi Band. There were Fillipino dancers as well as children from Nigeria who danced and there was also a Culturnal Dance of Nigeria. There were also representatives from different parts of the world at the mass which was held at St. Philip Benizi. The entire celebration was nice and I enjoyed it.

Anywho...what did you do yesterday ? I hope you had a wonderful Saturday. I also hope you are enjoying your Sunday as well. I wanted to tell you that there is another journal that I wanted to share with you. The journaller's name is Carly and her journal is as followed :

Ellipsis...Suddenly Carly here is her link ------> http://ellipsissuddenlycarly.blogspot.com/ . Please go over and say hello to her and read her blog. You will enjoy reading it I'm sure. Her blog is always quite interesting and filled with lots of things you might want to know. She also has wonderful quotes in her entry and I think you will enjoy.

I do hope that you all enjoyed visiting June's journal I'm sure she appreciated all of you visiting. You all showed that J-Land is a very wonderful place. If there is a journal you would like me to visit please leave the link in your comments and I will go by and visit. Thanks again for coming by my dear world.

By the way "BANNED BOOKS WEEK" is September 29-October 6,2007. Just thought you would like to know.

Take care and have a great day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))Wow,sounds like you had an exciting day,I would of loved to been there.What is your pastor like?I have been meaning to talk to one.Does He have email?HAve a nice day.

Anonymous said...

It sounds as though you had a very enjoyable day Monae. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice celebration. What is Banned Book Week?
Pam

Anonymous said...

I would have liked to have joined in on the celebrations.  They sounded like a wonderful carnival atmpsphere.  A real good mix of nationalities bearing aloft their favourite foods!  Dancing and music too.  Very nice!

Thank you for sharing your day.

Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Hey!
My Saturday sucked but today was VERY nice.....I'll be putting it in my journal in just a little while.

The celebration at your church sounds like it was really fun.
We have an international celebration here at the fairgrounds every year.
I've never gone.
Somehow I don't find much to celebrate about international issues.....maybe it's the land mines and the IED's and the car bombs and RPG's that spoil things.
But that's just me being cynical and negative.
I'm glad you had a good time.

I do look forward to your entries....they are always so positive and I am such a grinch!  Maybe you will help me improve my outlook on life!! (and I love your journal links.....I don't know where you find them all!)

Talk to you soon.

                    Sunny

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun!!!


~ Christopher ~

http://journals.aol.com/cmarlow480/ChristophersJournal/

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask what is banned book week, but Pam got there first!
Gaz

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time yesterday.  Do you happen to know when banned journal week is?  I hope I'm not on the list.  LOL

Phil

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a most wonderful day....I enjoyed reading about it very much...thank you for sharing....June:)