Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Note To Share......

Hello dear world

Good evening. I don't know if there is a new moon tonight or if the stars are stirring up a little magic or perhaps I have been caught in a spell or maybe my romantic side is starting to open but I do have to share a few words with you.

Imagine this....

A rented room, a cubby hole. A place for a cowboy to hang his hat, kick off his boots, work on that elusive novel which relentlessly burdens his burning brain. Write. Think. Glance out the window at the sprawling, haphazard city. Churning ceiling fans & endless heat.

Late night haunts: clandestine cantinas on anonymous streets. Amber lanterns & colored lights, toxic veils of hazy smoke, noise & laughter & dancing & shamelessly brazen guitars. And soothing bottles of Mexican beer & copious tequila chasers.

And gringo cowboys absorbing the atmosphere, mellowing completely....

Did I go there ?? I wish. This was a trip shared by my favorite midnight cowboy over at Lone Star Concerto. Here is the place to go -----> http://journals.aol.com/jayveerhapsody/LoneStarConcerto/ . You might want to drop over but I have to warn you that you will find yourself wanting to go again and again and again and again and perhaps dance a little

and perhaps....a few things

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I knew you had visited Jon's journal. He's a wonderful writer. Don't tell anyone...but I have a big crush on him! LOL!
Pam

Anonymous said...

That made me want to be romanced!  Have a good evening sweetie.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Ta for the link.
B. x

Anonymous said...

You deserve a little magic and romance in your life.  Hope you find it soon . . . you will make a man very happy!  

Phil