Saturday, July 21, 2007

You Have To Have A Voice....

Hello dear world

Good evening how are you ? The weather wasn't too bad today in my neck of the woods I am happy to report. I do have some news for you.

I would like to share some information with you if you don't mind about what's going on in my neighborhood. Recently we found out that a cellular tower is going to be put up directly in my neighborhood and it will be 100 feet tall. Some of my neighbors and my mom had got it stopped once before but we found out that there's a guy that will be building it right where it can be seen right in our backyard. Anywho....my mom and I and one of my neighbors drove around with fliers and a petition for our neighbors to sign so we could take it to a meeting that will be held on Tuesday night. We are trying to petition to have it stopped from being built in our neighborhood. Some people opened their doors to talk with me and my neighbor that I was with but others did not. My dear world my mom has taught me that you have to have a voice and speak up for things you don't like or believe in so I began with handing out the fliers and having our neighbors sign the petition. What do you think my dear world ?? We heard that the federal government is already involved in helping to have the cell tower built. Even though our voices might not stop it from being built I have learned that you have to speak up for those things you don't believe in or stand for. I have to say that I don't think we need a cell tower built in our neighborhood. Why can't it be built in a area near restaurants and businesses ? Why would anyone want to build a cellular tower in the backyards of a neighborhood ?? I just thought I would share that with you.

I wanted to share a song with you by John Mayer called "Waiting On The World To Change". Here is the link -------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXWXQeHCWpo .

So how are things in your neck of the woods ? I hope all is well with you. I just thought I would come by and chat with you for a few minutes.

Take care my dear world !!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys win that battle. Nobody wants to look at that eyesore in their own backyard!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Tho I agree with you in principle cause I am forever petitioning and fighting something I understand the need to put the cellular towers in certain places. I remember when I could drive thru different parts of town and would lose the signal on the phone. Now I have good reception every place. Without the towers placed strategically many dead spots would still exist. You go right ahead and protest. Thats the only way our voices are heard.

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))You have to stand uo for what you belive in.Do you have a cell phone?I carry one.mainly to use if I really need to.Nite nite.

Anonymous said...

Yep, you've gotta stand up for what you believe. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, but always you need to stand up and be counted. B. x

Anonymous said...

You should always stand up for what you believe.  A quiet voice is no voice at all.  Never give up on what you believe and never be deterred if you feel strongly.

Phil