Wednesday, July 4, 2007

HAPPY 4th Of July

Hello dear world

How are you ? First of all I hope all of you my dear friends are having a wonderful time during this 4th of July.

I would like to say hello and thank you to all of our troops in Iraq who are helping to keep our nation free from harm. I would also like to acknowledge the families of those who have loved ones over in Iraq. May you all know that we are keeping you all in our hearts and prayers.

I would like to share a poem with you my dear world.

AMERICA'S SYMBOL

When you look up at me

with my red, white and blue

waving proudly in the sky,

I hope you think about what I stand for

beyond placing your hand over heart

or standing at attention in salute.

 

I am so much more than

a woven cloth of stars and stripes...

 

I am your pride of the USA

that is worn, adorn

and individually flown

for all others to see.

 

I am the courage shown

by the valiant troops

who raise me up

after a victory won.

 

I am the solemn remembrance

of the duty served to America

that is draped over a coffin

and given folded to a loved one.

 

I am each state

united as one nation

under God

with liberty and justice for all.

 

I am Old Glory,

America's symbol to the world

that will always fly high

in the land of the free

and the home of the Brave !

---David G. Bancroft

Do enjoy your 4th of July and at the end of it take a moment and remember our troops and their families and I will do the same. Do have a safe and happy holiday.

Take care everyone !!!!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good. I hope you had a happy 4th. Helen

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))I love the poem.HAve a good night.

Anonymous said...

Very nice and I love that poem I have read it plenty in J/Land but I could read it over and over again.Love the words..Have a great Thursday.Take Care God Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I hope you and your family had a good holiday!!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great 4th, Monae

Anonymous said...

Where is Monae.  It seems the 4th of July swallowed her and she can't write anymore.  LOL  Hope you are havin' a fun weekend.

Phil