Sunday, July 29, 2007

My Day At Zoo Atlanta

Hello dear world

How are you ? I want to begin by saying that today was quite a wonderful wonderful day. Since we went to Zoo Atlanta I chose to wear some blue shorts and a yellow t-shirt and tennis shoes.

Anywho...me, my folks and my nieces went to Zoo Atlanta for the first time today. Before we went to the zoo we stopped off at McDonald's for breakfast which was good. I love their hash browns. After breakfast we piled in my mom's Navigator and rode to Zoo Atlanta. I have to tell you that Zoo Atlanta is near a place called Grant Park. Its quite a walk just getting to the entrance of the zoo.

Once we got to the entrance we paid for our tickets and started on our adventure at the zoo. The first thing we saw at the zoo were some Flamingo's. Then we walked over to the petting zoo where we saw some goats and some sheep that my nieces both enjoyed.

After the petting zoo we then saw all sorts of exotic birds which I liked. As we were walking along we got to see some meerkats and a warthog. A few minutes later we stopped off and we saw an elephant. We also saw a lion that was in the middle of taking a nap. We also stopped off to see an alligator laying out on a bank.

As we continued walking through zoo atlanta we got to see some wallaby eating some grass. We also got to see some really cute tamarin walking on a rope in some trees. We then stopped off to see some kangroo's. After that we then took a walk to see the giant panda's. We also got to see the new baby panda that was added to zoo atlanta. There were quite a lot of people looking at the giant panda's just as we were. I can tell you that the baby panda is quite a bit bigger now.

After seeing the panda's we then took a walk where we got to see some of the zebra's and some giraffe's. We also saw some Silverback Gorilla's in the Willie B. Gorilla Conservation Center. For a few minutes after we stopped off and went inside of a living treehouse which was nice. You might want to know that inside of the living treehouse we saw some lemur's.

As we left the living treehouse we went walking through more of zoo atlanta. While we were walking we got a chance to see a muntjack and a komodo dragon. After all of that walking around we had decided to go for lunch.

We decided to go for lunch at a place called "Wild Planet Cafe" which is located inside of zoo atlanta. The food there was pretty good. I had a big slice of pepperoni pizza with a cold bottled water which was good. After we ate our lunch we stayed there for a little while so we could rest.

After taking a rest at Wild Planet Cafe we then went to a show in the zoo known as the Wildlife theater that started at 2:30 in the afternoon. During the show one of the ladies that works in the zoo had some of the exotic birds perform. She also had an Owl come out during the show. While she was holding the owl she was talking about the owl eats. A few minutes later as she was talking right behind her on a rope were some little rats walking along. Some of the kids in the audience told her about the rats but she pretended not to see them.

While we were at the wildlife theater there was a little cart outside of the wildlife theater where a lady was selling Dippin'Dots. I went and ordered some chocolate dippin'dots and my oldest niece had asked me to get her some cookie dough dippin' dots so I did. My nieces shared the cookie dough dippin'dots and I ate the chocoalate dippin'dots I got. You might want to know that the show was pretty great.

We did take some time after the show to go to what was called the "World Of Reptiles". In the World of Reptiles I got a chance to see lots of different snakes. Some of the snakes I saw included a king cobra, a rattlesnake and a python that was quite huge.

As we walked in the World of Reptiles I saw a green tree frog, a poison dart frog, some baby frogs and a frog that actually looked like a leaf. I also got to see a really huge water turtle and some tortoise's.

As my family and I were walking around later on in the zoo I got to stop and see a rhino just like in the movie "Jurassic Park". You might also want toknow that my family and I got to ride the train located inside of Zoo Atlanta. The train was called the "Northfolk Southern Zoo Express Train. It was nice getting to ride on the train in the zoo.

At the end of our trip we stopped off at the souvenir shop where I picked up a keychain, some bookmarks, some stickers and a stuffed toy otter for my youngest niece that she can stick around her wrist. My mom and my oldest niece had walked out of the shop a few minutes later. Later on my oldest niece had come back into the shop quite drenched because it had started raining pretty hard. She had asked me to buy some rain poncho's but before I could get to the register my dad had already bought some for me, my mom and my nieces to wear.

As we left the shop we got pretty soaked because it started raining more and more and more. Let me tell you that it was quite a walk back to the car. All in all it was a pretty amazing really fun day. My nieces really liked the zoo and I enjoyed it too.

So my dear world how was your day today ? Did you get out and enjoy the day as I did ? I hope that you had a really nice Sunday. I guess that about wraps things up for me. If you haven't been to the zoo in Atlanta or in your neck of the woods I highly recomment you go and make a day of it we sure did. I can't wait to go back to the zoo some other time.

My dear world my dear world I came upon some journals that you have to read. Do go over and say hello. Here are the links -------> Mary Ann's World

http://journals.aol.com/mryam4/mary-anns-world/

The Words of my Life

http://journals.aol.com/lpnmisjoyce40/TheWordsofmyLife/

Ross Blog

http://blog.nbc.com/ross_blog/

Take care dear world. Good-night !!!!!!!!!!

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!  Sounds like a very full and fun day!  Shows us the pics!  LOL

Phil

Anonymous said...

http://www.zooatlanta.org/animals_panda_cam.php4    Hi Monae, did you know there is a 'panda cam' on the pandas at Zoo Atlanta?   I have it in my 'favorites' and tune in almost every day and watch the pandas eating and lounging around (only shown during daytime though, 10 am to 5 pm) ... hope the link comes through for you here.   Judy

Anonymous said...

Well Monae,  You sure had a great day. I am so glad that you managed to see so many exotic animals.  Our dear Lord sure has a sense of humor when you look at all the many shapes and sizes he makes !!  wonder what chocolate dippin dots are never heard of them ? sounds good though.  You are so good to your neices it is lovley to see what a good family life is like,  Lets hope this week at work will be a bit better than last. Love for now  sybil xx

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))I am glad you had a great time at the zoo.Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you and your family had a good time at the zoo and got to see all those amimals. I do believe it is the same zoon I went to so many years ago. Willie B was living at that time and was swinging on an old tire hanging from the ceiling. You should think about getting yourself a digitial camera so you can show us pictures from places you go. Camping and all. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

I love the zoo also. Love the monkeys. I hope I can get to one before long. Thanks for taking me with you to yours.  

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading about your fun zoo day. I sure would have enjoyed pictures! You should put a digital camera on your Xmas list for this year so we can see pictures of all of your adventures.
Pam