Saturday, July 7, 2007

A Day At The Grocery Store

Hello dear world

How are you ?? You will be happy to know I'm back. My dear friend Phil said that it seems the 4th of July swallowed her and she can't write anymore. I didn't mean to neglect you my dear world but I'm back.

Where was I your wondering ???? Well today my mom and I made a day of it. My nieces were out with their mother and my dad was passed out in bed sleeping. We got out early this morning to the video store where we rented 2 movies : "In A Dark Place" with Leelee Sobieski and the other "Blood And Chocolate".

After the video store we stopped off at our grocery store Kroger. Here is a link if you want to check it out ---------> www.kroger.com/ . My mom and I always love going together to the grocery store. We rarely go with my dad because he's always wanting to race back to the house to see NASCAR or sports or something else he likes on television. Anywho..we had a ball at the grocery store let me tell you. We bought some Polska Kielbasa, some shrimp from the seafood department, some soda's and we even picked up some wine coolers that we like to drink. I picked up 2 different flavors of ice cream. One of the flavors was called "Fried Ice Cream" from Breyer's and the other was called "Olde Savannah Caramel". Let me tell you I only ate some of the Fried Ice Cream and it was good very good. I will let you know how the other one later. For a snack we had some small tostitos's and some Asian style Spring Rolls which were quite good. We also picked up some Salmon and some noodles that we had for dinner. Do you know I spent over $120.00 in groceries all in one day ???

I can report that its been pretty steamy in my neck of the woods. It seems like the weather is getting hotter by the day. Does anyone have any rain that could send us ??? We could use a couple of waterfalls, some rivers and a few dozen or so streams. I don't mind if you send them by Federal Express or through the mail. I would love all the rain you could send me. My neck of the woods would thank you.

After we got home we had some of the Spring rolls with my dad who had gotten up from hibernation and then we fixed the salmon with the noodles we bought which was very good. We then watched the movie "In A Dark Place" which I hate to say wasn't very good. I haven't yet seen "Blood And Chocolate" but I'll let you know how it is when I do. We did watch our favorite classic "Pride And Prejudice" with Colin Firth which we LOVVVVVVVE !!!!!!!! for like the gazillionth time. We have been up all night together and having a blast. We have been staying up pretty late these days.

So my dear world how are things with you ?? How are you coming along these days ??? Did anyone else miss me besides my dear Phil ???? I hope that you are enjoying your weekend as I did. That's about it for me. I just wanted to come by and say hello and let you know that I'm still around.

Good-night everyone. Sweet dreams !!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Monae,  I hope by now you are having sweet dreams. My you had a late night didn't you. It is just after 7am here in Wiltshire UK and at last we have had a couple of days of sunshine...imagine that..you having it so hot it almost hurts and we over here are longing just longing for some hot warm sunshine that will stay with us for a wee while. We have had enough rain to keep us going for a month or so at least so I have asked the wind to redirect it over your way !!  Love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOOu))))))))))))))glad to see you back,was missing reading your journal.Always love to hear about your outtings.Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

I missed you..I always love your opening line...i am going to the base for grocereis this morning...you do NOT want to know what I spend....
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Of course we missed you - Before I forget here's some "Rain" for you (ok so it's tap water). Your day sounds as though you had a good ol fashion girls only day! Sometimes it's better when the bedding holds dads hostage! The ice creams sound delicous as so does your snacks and dinner! Sorry you didn't enjoy your picks! Hope your day is a happy one! Take care and share a smile!
Katie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been keeping yourself busy.  Glad to see you are back at it.  I hope you have a wonderful and fun filled Sunday.  Take care.

Phil

Anonymous said...

and i bet you paid $2.99 each for the ice cream right?  that is what it is on sale for at the kroger near me, lol.

now i am hungry again..........sigh.

regina