Saturday, June 30, 2007

Some News And A "Sweet 16"

Hello dear world

How are you ?? Its another warm day in my neck of the woods. I want to thank you all for your comments and thoughts. I gave the situation some thought and I think that I could have behaved better than I did so I am sorry for how I acted.

I have a song that will certainly get you smiling. Its a song called "I'm Like A Bird" by Nelly Furtado -------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k12ZybN8vfc . I hope this song makes you smile.

You might want to know that today my oldest niece is celebrating her "Sweet 16" Birthday party at the Ramada tonight from 8 p.m. to 12 midnight. She is excited about her birthday let me tell you. Anywho.....earlier today she went with my mom and I to pick up her large sheet cake at Sam's Club which is an everything kind of store. While we were there you will be happy to know that there was a guy in the store shopping. As I passed him he said hello to me and yes I smiled back at him and asked him how he was doing which he responded back with a smile and that he was doing fine. I think that perhaps that police officer last night might have seen the way I looked at him and he didn't want to say anything to me which is fine. The guy at Sam's was really nice and I was more than happy to smile at him as he did when he saw me. A smile can go a long way and it was nice to have the guy at Sam's smile at me while he was shopping. I am just going to smile whether a guy smiles at me or not. You were all right about the fact that a smile goes a long way so thanks for all your thoughts and comments.

So how are you doing today ?? By the way did you hear that there was a terror plot that happened recently in London with some cars filled with explosives ?? I'm glad that the explosives in the cars did NOT go off. I was constantly thinking of my dear friend Jeannette and her family. I hate to think what the terrorists are trying to do with bombs and explosives. Its scary to think of such things after September 11th. I just hope you and your families are safe and enjoying your day.

Thanks for listening my dear world. I'll talk to you all soon. Byyyyyye for now !!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 16th to your neice, I hope she has a good party.
I'm glad you've foundyour smile again.
Have a nice weekend. B. x

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae,  So glad you have had a good day. Hope your niece has a lovely evening..bet she will...Not sure mind you if I would like to be sweet 16 again !!!
As I can't send you an e.mail I will write here a site you might like to look at. I was sent it by a friend today.

http://llerrah.com/rainbow.htm

Hope you enjoy.  Have a lovely sunny warm weekend..Think of us poor folks here in the UK getting wetter and wetter by the day !!!   Love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

A very happy sixteenth birthday to your dear niece from me too, I hope she has a great time.Yes I heard of the terror thing and also now another one today at Glasgow Airport Scotland another scare today.See it on the AOL main news page..Smile and the world smiles with you is the saying.So happy you got a smile back from the guy in the store.Have a great weekend.Take Care God Bless Kath
Astorisand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I hope you neice has a very Happy Birthday. I am glad that you smiled at the guy today. Even if a person doesn't smile back at you it will make you have a nice feeling just to smile at someone. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOu))))))))))))))))))))I hope your neice has a Happy Sweet 16 Biirthday,that is a special time.I am glad you smiled back at the guy in the stoor,that was nice of Him to smile.Yes,a smile can go a long way,even when you can tell its not a fake one.Have a nice evening.

Anonymous said...

Always share your smiles, even if you don't get one in return - Hope you guys enjoy the celebration! Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend! Take care.
Katie

Anonymous said...

Thats so great to hear! :o) Yes...when you smile, your whole face lights up! People will see this! :o) You're such a beautiful person anyway, and when you put a smile on that face....people will really see all that beauty and light just shine right through you! :o) Isn't it a great feeling! :o) Hugs to you sweetie! :o)
Lisa