Friday, June 29, 2007

In Need Of Some Advice

Hello dear world

Good evening how are you ? I wanted to come and share something with you that I might need your advice on. Please feel free to give your thoughts. Thank you.

Tonight there was a police officer doing security at a store in my neck of the woods called the "Super H Mart". This police officer has often gotten on the elevator at my work with me and my coworkers. The thing is I have often said hello to him and he has NEVER said a word to me not that I care. Anywho...tonight I was at the store with my mom who kept saying that I should smile at him as if I should immediately go up to him and ask him out right then and there. Tonight he didn't even speak a word to me but he did speak to both of my folks. As I was leaving I made sure I didn't smile at him and I made sure he saw the look on my face. My dear world I'm not going to try with a guy like that. Its not like he's the last guy on earth. Question dear world why should I smile at a guy who has NEVER once smiled at me ?? Why ?? Am I wrong ???? My mom made it seem like I was the one wrong. However I disagree with her on how I acted towards him. A guy like him isn't really worth my time.

Natasha Bedingfield said it best with her song "Single" here it is -------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxTgK29qRCo .

What do you think my dear world ?? Could I be totally wrong about this situation ???  Thanks for listening.

I do hope that you enjoyed your day. I just had to come and ask for your advice. Good-night.

 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

My opininion?   ...  I say don't even worry yourself about a man in his position who is supposed to be serving 'all' of his community and treating 'all' persons the same ... with respect!   What is he worth if he 'chooses' who he wants to respect by saying hello, or smiling at!    He's not worth your worry, I think you did right!   Have a great weekend!  It'll be interesting to see what your other readers think.  Judy

Anonymous said...

I pretty much smile at everyone.  I'm weird like that I guess.  

If I were you, I really wouldn't go out of my way to make an effort to be any different.  If nothing else, he probably thinks of you as the nice lady who smiles at him, and well, that's better than the mean lady who doesn't?

Take care,
Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

I generally smile at all... but with that attitude I can see why you wouldn't.  Dang he had to know he sees you around and to rudely just ignore you.. he's not worth the time
d

Anonymous said...

When you smile make sure you do it for yourself.  Becuase it make you feel better, brighten the world, etc.  It's not a come on or anything.  Just being a nice person.  ~ Mike

Anonymous said...

I say continue to smile at him because it should make you happy to smile.  Don't let his piss pour attitude change who you are.  Keep smiling!!!

Phil

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((HUGSTOYOu)))))))))))))))))I smile alot and when someone doesnt make an effort,I kinda do a fake smile.LOL.Hope it helps.But,yes,you should do this for yourself,it has to come from you.happy weekend/happy 4th.

Anonymous said...

Some people find it very hard to smile at all.But "Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover "so the saying goes.Some of the best hubby's to there wives ,I have met in my life have been the ones who do not smile much at others until they rearly realy get to know them,or are part of there life.Strange as it may seem. LOL!!Being in the position he is in too may be part of his job,not to look too friendly towards younger people. who knows? Take Care God Bless Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Hi,  Well I am not sure exactly what to say as a smile is a very personal thing and you can onl do as you feel. However I have this thing about a smile and that is that start with one and you never know how far it will travel.  If someone dosn't return my smile it becomesa kind of challenge and I smikle all the more !!!
So my advice...smile smile smile...if he or anyone continues to resist your smile..they are very sad people.  Have a love weekend Love sybil xx

Anonymous said...

Just keep smiling. Don't do it for him, do it for yourself. B. x

Anonymous said...

It never hurts to give someone a smile.  Maybe he is shy.  
Pam

Anonymous said...

Personally, I smile and will continue to smile at those who do not return the smile. My point of view says I am taking the high road and not allowing anothers stark face change my or affect my emotions. In that I smile even more. I do not make judgements on what another is feeling or what may have caused a certain atmosphere within them. We never know what is on their mind or what caused what you are perceiving in them. Someone might have made a comment about you which he over head or surmised which struck him th ewrong way. Your continued smiles might eventually change his mind.  

Stay blessed.
Spencer

Anonymous said...

You should always smile! Never lower yourself to their level. Your smile is worth so much more then you think sweetie! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

If that was me i would have asked him out right what his problem was. If you can not take that approach keep smiling.
Hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

Always smile at people Monae, whether they smile at you or not.  A smile costs nothing and maybe will give other people a chance to think about themselves and why they do not smile. You say he spoke to your parents, well maybe you could have joined in with a word or two, just to be friendly.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I really like how you start off each and every entry...with "Hello Dear World" and that is so original and Sweet!