Monday, October 30, 2006

Some Notes & 13 Little Blue Envelopes

Hello dear world

First of all I would like to say "Happy Halloween"everyone.So how was your day ? Today in my part of the world the weather was rather nice. It was also another day at work for me. I must tell you the Tiramasu cake from last night was pretty good. My oldest niece also loved it.

As I started telling you I am in the middle of reading a book I bought at Barnes & Noble titled "13 Little Blue Envelopes" written by a writer named Maureen Johnson. You might want to check out a site that I am about to share you -----> http://maureenjohnsonbooks.com/13lbe.html . In the book there is a young woman named Virginia Blackstone or otherwise called ( Ginny ). She goes to a place and receives  a package from another person who receives it from her aunt to give to Ginny. Inside of the package is a $1,000 in cash for a passport, a one-way ticket from New York to London, and a backpack. Also inside of her package she receives some rules from her aunt. Here are the rules her aunt gives her:

Rule #1: You may bring only what fits in your backpack. Don't try to fake it out with a purse or a carry-on.

Rule #2: You man NOT bring guidebooks, phrase books, or any kind of foreign language aid. And no journals.

Rule #3: You cannot bring extra money or credit / debit cards, traveler's checks, etc. I'll take care of that.

Rule #4: No electronic crutches. This means no laptop, no cell phone, no music, and no camera. You can't call home or communicate with people in the U.S. by Internet or telephone. Postcards and letters are acceptable and encouraged.

__________________________

Right now I have found out that Ginny is in Rome. She also goes for coffee with a young man who is Italian. After being in Rome she then goes to Paris by train. After getting off the train Ginny finds herself at the Louvre in Paris. She also visits "The Tuileries". After a little bit more reading she ends up going to Amsterdam where she visits the "Rijksmuseum". At the Rijksmuseum she sees Rembrandt's "The Night Watch". After all of that she then makes her way to Copenhagen. That is about how far I have gotten with the story dear world.

All in all do you have any plans for Halloween ? I have to work tomorrow so that's how I will be spending my day.Question:  Have you read any good books lately ? I am hoping that your Halloween will be filled with lots and lots of wonderful treats and fun. Tomorrow I shall be thinking of you.

Just as a note: I know that 13 Little Blue Envelopes might be something of a book for teenagers but Ginny's travels keep you interested at least they did for me. So don't give this book a TKO....Give it a try !!!!!!!

Take care everyone. Good-night !!!!!!!!!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Halloween will be the same as every other day for us.  We are still working on our home.  I have done a spooky Halloween entry which I hope you will enjoy.  Happy Halloween to you and yours.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween!

And about those rules... no journals?!?! I couldn't do it! lol

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

I love any book recommendations I read, thank you! I think that sort of adventure is exactly the kind of thing I would do in a heartbeat, so I have no doubt I would enjoy it.

Thank you~
Rebecca