Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Really Wonderful Day

Hello dear world

How was your day ? My day began with a trip to one of my favorite stores : Barnes & Noble.

I LOVE Barnes & Noble it is one of my favorite bookstores. I love the place. There's a ton of books there. There are shelves and shelves of book of every category, shape and size. There a poetry section, a self-help section, a romance section, a cooking section, a magazine section, a travel section etc. etc. etc.

My folks and I went to Barnes & Noble as well as my youngest niece went. My oldest niece is at a Confirmation retreat but she will be home in a little while. Anyway.....while I was there I purchased some books one of them is called "13 Little Blue Envelopes". I asked one of the women who worked there if she had any books by Mr. Scalzi and she told me they didn't carry his books but they could order the book I wanted. I was hoping to find his book "The Ghost Brigades" in the Science Fiction section but they also didn't carry it. If your reading this Mr. Scalzi you might want to tell Barnes & Noble that they need to get some of your books into the bookstore for readers like myself. Here's another something else you might want to consider.......you might want to do a book signing at the Barnes & Noble in Fayetteville, Ga which I frequent.

I also wish I lived next to the bookstore because I saw some other books there I would like to read. My dear world did you know that there is an aroma when you first walk into the bookstore that stays with you. The aroma is quite wonderful. Have you ever walked into a bookstore and stood in the doorway for a moment and just smell the place ? Question: Do you have a favorite place you like to visit ?

Before we got home we stopped off at the grocery store. The one we go to is called Kroger. I have a piece of advice for you my dear world.....Do NOT ever ever ever ever go to the grocery store hungry. While I was there I got some snacks for work. Did you know dear world that there are boxes with noodles in them and it comes with different sauce mixes. They have a herb & garlic mix with noodes and another one with a butter & olive oil mix with noodles. The noodles are wonderful I have had them before. While I was there I also purchased a Tiramasu cake which you put into the freezer. When you get ready to serve it you sit it out to thaw and then serve. I can't wait to eat it. I also purchased some TCB hair grease for my hair which is now officially red or what you might call a mixture of red and purple. I just lovvvvvvvvvve it. I love the color of it. The blonde highlights in my hair are gone except for one streak that decided it didn't want to change. So my dear what is the name of your grocery store and what is your favorite thing to get there ?

All in all I had a pretty nice day. The weather wasn't too bad. I didn't know I was going to Barnes & Noble today. How is the weather in your neck of the woods ? Here is a little piece of advice for you:

1.) Don't make any plans over the week.

2.) Just go out and do something you enjoy.

3.) Perhaps you might want to go to some place you haven't been to before.

4.) Try to do something you consider fun.

5.) If you have to work try to do something after work even if its trying a new place to eat.

I really hope that you have a great week. Don't forget to enjoy your Halloween. I really hope you have lots of tasty treats. Until then I will talk to you all again soon.

Maybe you will want to do a little trick-or-treating through J-Land.

Byyyye !!!!!!!!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barnes and Noble is wonderful and what is even better is that if you buy something from it's online presence and it's not right, you can take it to your local Barnes and Noble and exchange it. It's awesome!

There was a CD I ordered one time from their website, it was bad, took it to my nearby Barnes and Noble and they exchanged it no problems.

My favorite store to visit is Wild Oats. It feels a bit pretentious because like most "health food" stores it's often frequented by more affluent individuals. The sad reality in our society, healthy foods tend to cost more then the less healthy foods. I would say my second favorite is Hometown market which is a small scale, family owned market. Though I have shopped at Kroger before when I lived elsewhere, there are none where I currently live.

And I agree, eat a nice meal before you go shopping! Otherwise you'll impulse buy your budget way out of whack.

Warmest Regards,
TK the Rambling Raconteur
http://journals.aol.com/tks333/ramblings

Anonymous said...

I always end up with a huge grocery bill when I go grocery shopping when I am hungry.LOL. Have a good night. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

I don't have a special grocery store to visit but I agree you should NEVER go shopping for food when you're hungry!
And the next time I go to my favourite bookstore I'll be sure to take in the smell as I enter. Thanks for the tip. B. x

Anonymous said...

my favorite place to visit is lala land, lol, I go there alot,
I am there now
lalalalalalalalalalalala
lalalalalalalalalalalala
lalalalalalalalalalalala

it's great fun
lol
Missy

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like the smell of new books, I love it.  I miss not going shopping anymore and I miss you not stopping by as well.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by. Its not even Halloween yet and I already dressed up 4 times! lol Cant wait till tomorrow. Im dresing up over 100 residents! Ginger