Friday, October 27, 2006

Its Friday And A Little Michael J. Fox

Hello dear world

How are you today ? In my neck of the woods it is a dark, wet and shivering with all of your clothes on kind of day. I spent half of my day at work which went well. On my way home from work I stopped off at Kaiser which is a medical facility. I went there to pick up some medicine for my mom. Anyway....it was raining there and the parking lot was beginning to form itself into a stream because it was flooding. I'm sure that after a little bit more rain there will be bass fishing in the parking lot. It is also raining here at the house. By tomorrow we will wake up to a lake in our backyard. How is the weather in your neck of the woods ?

Question dear world : Do you have any kind of talk radio in your neck of the woods ? I sure do. There are some talk radio hosts in my part of town who are named Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh and a few others.

I have to tell you that I am a huge fan of Michael J. Fox who starred in movies such as "The Secret Of My Success" and "Back To The Future" why am I telling you this ? Well recently I was listening to the radio when I heard Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity make some derogatory statements about Michael J. Fox's illness which is Parkinson's Disease. I think that its sad that such talk radio hosts have to be talking about someone's illness in a rather rude manner on the radio. Michael J. Fox is trying to find a cure for the illness which he is suffering with not just for himself but for others who have the illness.

In my opinion I think that Rush Limbaugh and people like Sean Hannity would want to help contribute to finding a cure to such a terrible illness as Parkinson's Disease. It is sad to hear them talk on the radio because they aren't contributing to finding a cure they are just a part of the problem.

I think that any kind of work done by Michael toward finding a cure for himself and others is a good thing. I really hope that Michael is able to find a cure. I really do think that if people like Mr. Limbaugh and Mr. Hannity had an illness like Parkinson's Disease they would look at their views in a totally new light. They could make their talk radio shows more balanced and informative if they perhaps started fundraisers and charity organizations for such illnesses like Parkinson's and Multiple Sclerosis.

Sorry dear world......I hate to get off on a rant but I just feel that the talk radio shows are focusing on being negative instead of being helpful to those who might need it. Forgive me for going off on a rant. If you would like to read a little bit about Michael J. Fox and his illness.....here is a link -------> http://www.michaeljfox.org

So how was your day ? How are things with you ? What's new in your part of the world ? I hope that you had a great week. Of course I will talk to you again soon.

Take care dear world. Byyyye !!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel that low life Rush Limbaugh has reached a new low in his warped thinking to accuse Michael J Fox of pandering and pretending to be sicker that he is to convince people to vote for stem cell research. How this disgusting, so called conservative talk show host, who has had (if not still now) an addiction for a certain prescription drug can even talk negative about any other person is beneath me. But even worse is that so many folks think he is fantastic. I get sick enough to puke when I even accidently hear him.

Spencer

Anonymous said...

I saw Michael J. Fox on t.v. recently and it is so sad to see what the illness has done to him.  I do hope he gets lots of backing and finds a cure.  I have missed you stopping by on my last few entries, particularly the witch one which you would have enjoyed.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about putting others down who are sick. You never know what is going to happen in your own life or your loved ones lives so one should be careful about they say about others. It was a dark rainy gloomy day here is Alabama also. I hope this weekend will be clear and sunshiny. Have a good weekend. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

I watched that programme on TV and was saddened to hear them speaking as they did about Michael J. Fox ~ As you say he is trying to find a cure for his illness ~ I myself wish him lots of Luck ~ Ally
http://journals.aol.co.uk/ally123130585918/Lifewithally