Sunday, October 22, 2006

Haunted Travels

Good evening dear world

Welcome to Haunted Travels I will be your hostess. First I would like to caution you this haunted travel may make you want to scream or perhaps to run or just make your blood run cold. But if you still want to stay join me for a little time for a ghoulishly haunting evening. 

Our travels take place within a cemetery that is located near a place called the "Waverly Hills Sanatorium" where there is a headstone with a poem carved on it. Did you know that there are reports that 60,000 people died at the Sanatorium. There are also reports of ghostly activity there. The cemetery we're visiting is not very far from the Sanatorium which is why I would like to share the poem with you.

 

The Edge of Night

There's a channel between us.

When the moon shines bright,

I can hear your footsteps

On the edge of night.

When your near it seems like time

Has fallen deathly still,

Your shadow dancing on the wall,

Arriving with a chill,

And I know you're ever wandering,

A twilight place you roam,

Your spirit merely brushing

The place you once called home.

Sometimes in the night,

I can hear you sigh,

Or sense the plaintive echo

Of your lost soul's cry.

Your spirit is familiar;

I've come to know you well

Within these faded walls

Where you once used to dwell.

And even though I feel a chill

When you pass my way,

I'd be quite content

If you'd like to stay.

-----------------------------Bobette Bryan 2004

I have to say that the journal "Moonlight Drive" inspired this entry. You have to stop over at this journal. You will definitely get into the mood of Halloween. Here is the link for a rather chilling good time ---------> http://journals.aol.com/Alphamoon65/MoonlightDrive/ .

 

For now this ends our haunted travels dear world. I hope you enjoyed your evening. Come back won't you for more haunted travels.

Until then sleep tight....

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, love that poem, it really sets the Halloween mood!

I apologize for not reading/commenting earlier, I've been so busy with so many different things I haven't had time to do ANYTHING.

Hope you're having a great day,

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

HELLO!!!!  
Just J hopping...
wishing people a Happy halloween


Sharon
http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ThisMommasDrama/entries/2006/10/12/trick-or-treat-thru-j-land/1774

Anonymous said...

ok....you have scared me with just the poem!!! lol
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout out, love the spooky poem...love it!  lol
Dwana