Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My Day...And A Poem To Share

Hello dear world

How are you ? This morning in my neck of the woods it was foggy and wet which reminded me of one particular Carl Sandburg poem. I would like to share the poem so here it is......

Fog

The fog comes

on little cat feet.

 

It sits looking

over harbor and city

on silent haunches

and then moves on.

 

-Carl Sandburg ( 1878 )

In other news today I watched a movie called "Elizabethtown". It had a love story, a funeral and my favorite actor Orlando Bloom danced in it. You should see it I really liked it.

Anyway. Here's a note for you:

There's nothing better than an Oreo cookie on top of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup its wonderful.

After Elizabethtown I watched another movie called "The Grudge" which was in my opinion a little bit scary. There is a little boy in the movie and he is terrifying. There is also a woman in the movie who would share the daylights out of anyone. Have you seen any good movies lately dear world ?

Enough about me....how was your day ? How was the weather in your neck of the woods ? I hope that the rest of your week goes well for you. Right now its pretty late here in my little part of the world so for now I will say good-night.

Sleep Well Everyone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Monae -  I appreciated the quote by Carl Sandburg. He's one of my favorite poets, and was a great influence for me when I used to write poetry. I like Oreos, and I love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, but I've never tried them together (is it too much of a good thing??).

                                                                               Jon

Anonymous said...

Monae : I enjoyed the poem "FOG" ~ glad you enjoyed the Movies even if one was a bit scary ~ hope you had a good nights sleep ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I love the Fog poem.  You don't hear about it very much but it's been a favorite of mine since I was a child.

Thanks for sharing it today.

Deb

Anonymous said...

The Grudge is a good movie, but even BETTER is it's Japanese version called "Ju-On".  Even though it's all in subtitles, I found it to be more frightening than the American version.  When you're up & ready for the next scary movie, I recommend you check it out.

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae,  I started to watch the Grudge but it scared me too much so I let Jim watch it on it`s own!

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Carl Sandburg is an Illinois favorite. We may not have London fog, or even the fog of a country town, but we have Chicago fog.

There is a gloom to fog, a kind of suspicious greeting to it all. It says hello while it is up to something... rain or storm may be coming, or it may be hiding treasure or tragedy.

A parody to Fog I wrote about readers at lunchtime:
http://brockeim.blogspot.com/2006/12/lunchbreak-reader-severe-apologies-to.html