Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Young People Really Do Like Me....

Hello Dear World

How are you ? I am doing rather well. It was another beautiful day in my neck of the woods. It was also another day at work for me. Let me tell you how my day began......There is a woman that I know at my work who brings her grandson along so she can drop him off at school. He has always liked me since the first time we met. He is a very young boy but he seems to have liked me from the start. He is really quite smart and he has a great sense of humor. He always likes talking to me whenever he sees me. This morning he asked his grandmother if he could see where my office is. He found my office where I clock in and put my things for the day. He came tapping at the door looking for me and yes he found me. He wanted to talk to me before his grandmother took him to school which I don't mind. I like talking to him as well. I can't explain why he likes me he just does. His grandmother says that he talks about me quite a bit which I found rather nice. His grandmother is a very wonderful lady as well. Her grandson is a very sweet kid and I will continue to enjoy his visits whenever he likes. Pretty soon he will be off to High School and he will most likely forget me with gaining friends, joining sports and all the things he will want to do in school. I know I will miss him when he doesn't ride with his grandmother anymore so I will enjoy him until then.

In my other news earlier this evening my family and I went to a new Brandsmart which opened up not so very far from our community which was fun. My family and I all got to do a little bit of shopping. I got a DVD / CD Player. My oldest niece got a television for her room and my youngest niece got a DVD Player for the dining room where she watches cartoons and DVD's and she also got a new movie which is something of a cartoon. My mom got a slow cooker and a curling iron. While I was there I saw some people that I know from my work which was nice. All in all it was a fun evening for all of us.

Anyway......I thought I would share the ( 5 ) weird things about myself in case you wanted to know.

1. When I open up a chocolate candy bar I open up the wrapper and I don't just start eating it. I take quite a bit of time to smell the candy bar from one end tothe other.

2. I get excited about movies that I have seen more than 20 times like I have never seen them before.....for example.......84 Charing Cross Road, You've Got Mail, Bridget Jones's Diary just to name a few.

3. I eat cereal without milk.

4. I have bought every single movie with Keanu Reeves in it.

5. I like chocolate covered pretzels.

What else would you like to know dear world ?

By the way......did you know that its "Banned Books Week" ? Here are a few of the most frequently challenged books....

1. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee

2. A Light In The Attic by Shel Silverstein

3. Harry Potter ( series ) by J.K. Rowling

4. Ordinary People by Judith Guest

5. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

6. Lord of The Flies by William Golding

7. The Adventure of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

8. The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier

9. Of Mice And Men by John Steinbeck

10. The Terrorist by Caroline Cooney

-------------------------------------------

So my dear world how was your day ? How are things in your neck of the woods ? I hope that your evening will be a good one as it was mine. I shall return to talk to you again soon.

Good-night and Sweet Dreams !!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We in the dear world are fine thanks.

It's nice that you and that kid have such a good bond!

Can't believe it's banned books weeks..that's wierd.....oh and, you SMELL your chocolate bars first? lol!

Don't worry..I'm weird too..haha!

Lv Stevie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your world with us :-)
Banned books week, what a strange idea. Hmmm...

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

Glad the little boy likes you. He sounds like a sweet child.
It was a beautiful day here yesterday and looks like it will be another one today. Hope you day goes well. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae,  To Kill a Mocking bird is my favourite book of all time, I didn`t realise it had been banned.  Have you ever thought of working with young people since they seem to like you so much, you obviously have a way with them.  :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hello, this is Gerry, 75, stopping by, using the link TSK333 posted. I am left-handed, too.  Today I happened to write a vivid memory I had while punching cattle for my father when I was 13.  I had a delightful pet pig (razor back) when I was a child, so I naturally loved and adored a book called High Wind to Jamaica, about sailing on a ship where they had a pet pig. Horse and dog stories were always great for me, too, and stories about living in the wild west (Frank Dobie).  Keep on writing.  This is a great opportunity.   Gerry