Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Terrible, Horrible, Sad Not At All Good Day.......

Hello Dear World.....

I'm not sure exactly where to start but this has been a really upsetting day for me. So many many things have turned me all around today. First let me say right now I am just feeling deeply sad and shook up. How to start......I guess at the beginning. Before I left work today I called my older sister who told me that our dog Hobo went missing. He still has not returned. I don't know if he wandered off or if someone came and took him. I have no idea where he is or if we will ever see him again. My nieces are upset as well. Right now I don't know if I will ever want another dog again after this. This has hit me hard.

On another sad note before getting home my dad told me that he had to take my mom to Kaiser because she wasn't feeling well. We got to Kaiser and she was in a room with an IV in her arm. After all of that apparently she was diagnosed with Diabetes. After taking the IV out of her arm they said she could go home. She will have to go back to Kaiser and see a Dietician. Not only does she have Multiple Sclerosis but she now has Diabetes. At Kaiser she was given a list by a doctor of what she could and could not eat. She also was told that she has to stick herself to check her blood sugar. After eating a dinner consisting of food she could eat. She then went to her room where she told me just a few minutes ago that she is feeling bad after learning the news. I can't imagine how she feels. I don't even know how I would feel. I imagine that I would break down and cry. I wish there was something I could do to make her feel better.

Dear world this day has really been hard for me. I don't know if I am comprehending everything that happened today. Right now I just feel drained and somewhat numb. There has been too much awful news in my neck of the woods dear world. I really don't know what will happen tomorrow.

Was your day anything like mine ? I just had to come and talk to you. Forgive me dear world. Thanks for listening.

Good-night.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get a good night's sleep.  When I have a really bad day, I find a quiet spot and pull out my "smiles" file.  I keep letters that make me smile and read them.  Tomorrow will be better, have faith.
David

Anonymous said...

Sh*t, I thought I had a bad day today... God bless you.

I bet the dog is just out wandering... they're social creatures, ya know? He'll be back.

I am a doctor, and I prescribe a long drink for you after the kids are in bed. Not 3 or 4... just one good drink. Maybe a good cry, too... tears are cathartic, and they sort of symbolize a rock bottom that you then bounce back from.

It's always darkest before the dawn, which is why we sleep during those hours. A bad point, true... but the theory is sound.

- Stacey (Smurf)

Anonymous said...

I do hope Hobo comes home to you ~ and also hope your Mum will be OK ~ I will keep her in my prayers ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae, I'm truly very sorry that you had a very bad day.  I very much hope that you and your family will find HOBO soon!  Perhaps you could make some flyers and place them in your neighborhood.  I once took in a kitty cat off the street thinking the poor thing was abandoned because she was thin, no collar, and meowed at me with the most cutest eyes... Then 2 days later I get a knock on my door from some neighbors that resided behind my street who were going door-to-door, they came to claim her as theirs... they were so worried for her, but they were happy that she was in a safe place.  Had they made flyers out in our neighborhood, I'm pretty sure they would have gotten her back the same day.  Please give it a try if Hobo is not back yet.  

I'm very sorry to hear about your mothers health.  I'm not sure about the type of diabetes that she has been diagnosed with, but I'm hoping it's the kind that you can fully recover from by exercising and eating a good proper diet.  My cousin who is overweight has this type... I think they call it Type 2 Diabetes.  So I very much hope it's this type that she has.  I don't know what MS really is, perhaps you could explain this type of illness with us in a future journal and about your mom's personal experience with it.  The only thing that I'm grateful for, is that she has a good husband and a wonderful daughter who is there for her now!  

BTW, I recently saw 84 Charing Cross Road... and I must say I LOVED IT!!!  OH, but the ENDING... wahhhhhh, I can't believe they never got a chance to meet in person!  Makes me feel that we all should do those things that we really want to do within our lifetime... even if we have to suffer some of the lesser negative consequences.  Thanks so much for letting us know about this movie.  Definite Thumbs UP!  

Very Much Hoping HOBO comes back soon, and that you & your Mother feel better. &n

Anonymous said...

You did have a rough day yesterday. Hope your Mom soon feels better and can get adjusted to her diet. Check with all the animal shelters around you very often in case someone brings Hobo in. Leave you name and number with them in case he ends up there. I do hope he finds his way home soon. Let us know how things are going. Blessings be with all of you. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

It took me weeks before I could believe I had diabetes.  I cried so many times during those weeks. I wanted it go go away but I knew it was never going to.  I still find it hard seven years later so I can feel for your Mum.  So sorry to hear about Hobo, have your phoned rescued centres, put up leaflets?  You must do everything you can to try and get him back.  Hope you are successful.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Oh no, all at one time!  Your mom will adjust, it will be tough and the blood test is not so bad.  Good thing they caught the diabetes in time.  She will be OK.

Anonymous said...

Wow Sad to hear that all this had to happen to you and all on one day too.  Hopefully Hobo will turn up soon.  As long as your mom sticks to her diet she should do well.  ~ Mike

Anonymous said...

You're not alone friend. Drop by if you need to. Tammy

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae,  I`m so sorry to hear about your Mom having diabetes, it must be a shock to you all.  I really hope and pray that Hobo will will come home or that someone finds him.  Like Jeannette says, have you tried the rescue centres and pounds?

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that you're having such a rough time.

I hope your weekend is brighter, and just know that if you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you.

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts