Saturday, September 16, 2006

Feeling Better.......

Hello Dear World !!!!

How are you ? First of all let me say thank you for all of your kind words and heartfelt thoughts about what I have been going through but I am happy to report that I am feeling better. My mom is also doing much better as well. She can still eat certain foods she likes including potato salad with light mayonnaise. She can also eat pot roast and other items that are on a list her doctor gave her.

I am also happy to report that the weather here in Atlanta, Georgia has been quite lovely. The sky is the color like that of blueberry cotton candy and the clouds also look like perfect balls of terry cloth cotton. The wind is also perfectly cool which makes it for a beginning to a great weekend. I can't say that I miss the heat. Anyway.......earlier today my folks and I as well as my youngest niece went over to JoAnn's which is always always fun. We seem to find little things to buy at JoAnn's. They also had Halloween decorations on sale which we love to look at. I bought some spooky Halloween stickers and my folks bought some other things. My youngest niece saw a tiara she liked so I bought it for her. She wants to be a princess for Halloween which is great since we already have some other things to go along with her tiara. Halloween always reminds me that my favorite time of the year is coming......which is Fall. It will soon be time for hot apple cider, falling leaves, pumpkins in the yard, candy apples and hot cocoa. By the way what's your favorite time of year ?

Time to rewind back to what I was saying ------<<<<<Okay after JoAnn's we went to a house we had passed on our way to JoAnn's which was having a ........moving sale. We stopped off and we looked around and also bought some items at the sale. They had where you could put whatever you wanted in a paper grocery bag all for just $5.00 which we liked. We filled the bag with lots of things we liked. I bought a little chair decorated for Halloween and a coffee cup. My mom bought some Christmas bags that you can zip closed. We also bought a pumpkin that you can stick a candle in. My dad bought some little Mattel race cars and some golf tees. My mom also found a little box that she wanted to put some items in so all in all it was really fun. Let me tell you dear world going out is a huge mood lifter and its fun to just get out and do things you like.

So dear world what did you do today and how is the weather in your neck of the woods ? I hope your weekend will be a nice one. I will talk to you again soon.

Byyyyyye !!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there- glad your mom is feeling better. have you had any word about  Hobo yet? Did he come back home. I am on holiday in Greece with my partner \john just now and missing our 2 puppies. I always read your journal and like it very much. I am considering starting one of my own. Eva. x

Anonymous said...

Glad your mom is feeling better. That is nice that you and your family had a good day. Have you heard anything about Hobo yet? Helen

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your mom is feeling better.

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Morgan
xxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are better.  Any word on Hobo yet? ~ Mike

Anonymous said...

Good to know your Mum is feeling better ~ and also that you are as well ~ any news on Hobo ? Hope you are having a good weekend ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae,
You linked to your journal from mine. Pleased to hear your mum is feeling better now; if she can control the diabetes with diet, this makes it less of a burden than you might think. Oh, my screenie points to what I'm normally at LOL.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip