Friday, September 22, 2006

AUTUMN ARRIVES TOMORROW !!!!!!!!!!

Hello Dear World

How are you ? Before I begin let me say that Autumn officially arrives tomorrow......Yeah !!!! I love Autumn it is one of my favorite times of the year. Before I go on about why I love Autumn let me tell you about my day. The weather was rather cool today but it was still a nice day. Today I also got to see a guy that works at the same place I do. He is a guy that I have a "HUGE" crush on. I have had a crush on him since I started my job. He is such a great charming and all around nice guy. He goes out of his way to tell me good morning and to make conversation with me. He doesn't know that I have a crush on him. No one else knows that I have a crush on him either. Let me tell you he has such an amazing smile and his eyes... are beautiful. He is a really nice looking guy. I make it a point to talk to him because I like him though he doesn't know. Anyway...I just thought I would share that with you.

On another happy note.....Autumn is on its way. Here are a few reasons why I love it....

1. Its colors

2. The leaves changing

3. Pumpkins in the yard

4. Hot cocoa

5. Apple pie w/ vanilla ice cream

6. Warm blankets

7. Halloween

8. Caramel apples

9. Thanksgiving

10. scarves

I also came upon a poem by Carly who I have told you about previously. I really liked the poem she shared titled "Blackberry Eating" by Gallway Kinnel. I thought you would like to read it as well.

Blackberry Eating

I love to go out in late September

among the fat, overripe, icy, black blackberries

to eat blackberries for breakfast

the stalks very prickly, a penalty

they earn for knowing the black art

of blackberry making; and as I stand among them

lifting the stalks to my mouth, the ripest berries

fall almost unforbidden to my tongue,

as words sometimes do, certain, peculiar words

like strengths or squinched,

many-lettered, one-sylabled lumps,

which I squeeze, squince open, and splurge well

in the silent, startled, icy, black language

of blackberry.....eating in late September.

--------Gallway Kinnel

So dear world how was your day ? Do you enjoy Autumn as I do ? I hope you are all doing well. I will talk to you soon.

Good-night.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope the guy pays some special attention to you soon. Blackberries are long gone before September in our neck of the woods. LOL. It is a cute poem though. Helen