Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Just Some Notes Of My Day.....

Hello Dear World.....Its me again. Something happened this morning at my work that I want to share with you. There's a guy that was working on the 2nd floor where I work and this morning he spoke to me in a very rude manner and I don't really know why. The thing is I have always been nice to him and I have always treated him with respect because I would want someone to do the same to me. He didn't apologize or anything about the things he said to me. My coworkers even said that he was wrong for the things he said to me. I really don't feel like I ever want to talk to him again am I wrong dear world ? I can say that there are a lot of nice people at my job that are great to be around but I just don't know why he was rude to me.

On a much different note it was a really dark and rainy day here in my neck of the woods. It seemed to rain for quite a while but the rain is gone at the moment but I don't know what it will be like tomorrow. I have really enjoyed the cool weather it seems like Summer has faded for a while so I will just enjoy this weather while it lasts.

On a much much much much happier note earlier this afternoon I stopped off at Kentucky Fried Chicken for my lunch break. As I was waiting in line a rather nice looking guy walked in and got in line and immediately started talking to me. At the time he and I were the only people in the place. Even though other people walked in he continued talking to me. Before he walked in I had my food already ordered so I was just waiting for my food. Once he had walked in and we got to talking he flirted with me by asking me if I wanted to go to his house and eat with him. I would have liked to have gone with him but sadly I had told him that I had to get back to work. Let me tell you he had the most amazing smile. Before I left I told him that it was nice talking to him and he also said that it was nice talking to me which I felt was really nice of him. The thing is once I walked out and got in the car I had realized that I had not asked him for his phone number which I wish I would have while we were talking. I can say that I wasn't nervous at all talking to him. He was really charming and funny he was the type of guy that I have always wanted to date. I really liked him he was such a nice guy. Even now I still remember his eyes and his smile which I have to say I liked the most about him. I really wish I could go back and talk to him again. I have to say that I have NEVER met a guy like him before. I just had to come and tell you about him dear world I hope you don't mind. I probably sound silly.  

I am also happy to report that my favorite television show "Bones" came on once again. I really like the show starring one of my favorite actors David Boreanaz. Today I also started reading another book titled "Match Me If You Can" by a writer named Susan Elizabeth Phillips. So far the book is pretty good. I will let you know how the rest of the book goes later.

So dear world how was your day ? How is the weather where you are ? Did you get any rain as I did ? I just hope that you will all have a really great week. Of course tomorrow is another day of work for me and I will let you know how it goes.

As always.......I shall return.

Good-night.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that person had no right to talk to you the way he did ~ I would ignore him in future ~ don't like ill manered people ~ I am glad you didn't go with that guy to his house to eat ~ can't be too careful who you go with until you know them ~ the weather here hasn't been too bad we have had some Sunshine and a lot of rain ~ but nice and warm ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I have been around people like that. Know what I do? I treat them the same way I always treat them. Usually that works. Plus, it may teach him that no matter what is going on in his life, taking it out on others does not solve the problem. Treating him different will allow him to continue. Just treat him the same as if it never happened. You would be amazed at the result. And if it don't work, you will feel better knowing YOU  did what was right. You are setting an example like we all need to do. Good luck friend. Tammy

Anonymous said...

That man had no right to speak to you that way Monae.  Ignore him from now on, he isn`t worth your time.

Sandra  xxxx

Anonymous said...

Rude?  How dare he.....guess you could have looked him over and said "Who pissed in your cereal?"....maybe he would have thought about his manners.  So Monae, why didn't you just invite the guy to sit at KFC and enjoy a nice lunch?  Wow, you'll have to go back there tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

The person at work sounds a real jerk! I think I would give him one more chance, and carry on being myself with him, and if that failed I would give him a wide berth! On second thoughts, maybe I would just give him the wide berth straight away!
It sounds like you did the right thing not going home with this sexy guy in KFC...as someone said, you can never be too sure...and if he's that nice a guy, he would'nt expect you to go anyway! Looks like you'll be at KFC every lunch time!
love Phoenix
http://journals.aol.co.uk/phoenix71011/Phoenix

Anonymous said...

Hey hun...

That guy at work sounds like he was stressed and took it out on you..what a jerk!

I'd never talk to him again either...if he can treat you like that once, he can do it again!! Stay clear!!

About the guy, I'm sooo glad you didn't go to his house. Do you know him, have you spoken to him many times or was today the first time you ever saw him, as it seems??

PLEASE be careful, cos no matter how nice a person seems, there can ALWAYS be alterior motives!!

Be well and safe hun,

Lv Stevie
xxx

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit more assertive than even US Marine generals... but here's how I would have handled your day:

- Kick the co-worker right in the nuts, then stomped on his tongue with my heel. That way, he won't be saying rude things to you anymore.... and, with the kick, he'll get a not-so-gentle-reminder that he was being a dick.

- As for Mr. KFC.... I'l quote my husband, who is watching a baseball game as I read your blog:

"If he invited you to the house, he likes you. It's a lot like Batman and the Batcave.. Batman doesn't invite you over unless he's serious. Once you get a tour of the Batcave, you may as well order the Spandex tights, because you're on the team now."

Since you dropped the ball by not getting the 7 digits, you now have to stalk. This means lunch at KFC 5 days a week until you run into him again. It may take awhile... single men LIVE on fast food, and it's quite possible that Mr. KFC works in a pattern... today, KFC, tomorrow, Taco Bell, Wednesday at McDonald's, etc...

It'll be impossible to figure out the pattern (short of growing a d*ck and thinking like a man), so you just have to stake out one place. Men are creatures of habit, and it's likely that you'll run into him again at the local KFC.

Once that happens, seize the day.. Carpe Diem. Have a plan for the next time, too. It sounds like the physical attraction is there... he just needs to be conquered, if you don't mind me breaking out the military analogies.

Remember that Love Is A Battlefield, and- as Napoleon said of warfare- "the mental is to the physical as three is to one."

Anonymous said...

I can't comprehend why that guy at work spoke to you in such a rude manner.  Usually, when people throw attitude at me for no apparent reason, I usually just flat out say "Are you having a bad day or something?  You seem to be in a real bad mood and I don't appreciate your bad behavior!"  This almost always gets the rude person to take notice of their ill manners.  Try it sometime, betcha it works!  At least 9 times outta 10!  lol

Ok girlfriend... how did you NOT GET THE DUDES DIGITS!!!!!!!!!  NOOOOOOOOO!!!!.....WAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!.... Ok, back to my calm self again... you MUST take the advice of the person who advises you to stalk the KFC now!  Like you, I know I would NOT have gone to his house either (cuz I don't wanna end up being his crazy lab rat or sadistic sex slave) BUT I would have invited him to eat with me there at the restaurant.  And if things went well, then give him your phone number or ask him for his!   So that's it, now no more eating any chicken at home... KFC will be your favorite place to eat for the next month during work day lunch times!  Just think of yourself as BUBBA from Forest Gump who just luvs his SHRIMP... You've gotta be him for the next few weeks... think, dream, eat Chicken Chicken Chicken!!! ... Ok, now my husband just read over my shoulders what I've been advising you to do... hahaha... he says, "Leave her alone!  If it's meant to be, it's meant to be!"  Hmm, look I realize fate has it's course, I'm just sayin why not help move it along... that's all, uh hum!  ;oP