Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My Day.....

Hello Dear World.......

How are you ? The days and nights here in Georgia have been wonderful and cool. The weather was between 66-69 degrees even the wind was cool. It seems like Summer has gone drifting off to some other place but I can't say that I mind. I love this type of weather where its nice to be outdoors now. Anyway....I'm sure you don't need to hear all about the weather.

Well do you remember when I told you about the earthquake tremors my mother and I felt. Well.....I read in the newspaper that residents of at least nine southeastern states - from Florida to South Carolina felt the tremors of the largest earthquake in 30 years beneath the Gulf of Mexico. By Monday, the U.S. Geological Survey had received reports of shaking, but no damage, from more than 5,600 people - many of the Atlanta area, more than 600 miles from the epicenter of the magnitude 6.0 quake. Seismologists say the quake, which occurred at 10:56 a.m. Sunday, was centered roughly 260 miles southwest of Tampa and more than 6 miles below the sea floor. No damage was reported onshore or to offshore oil platform or pipelines. Andrew Newman, assistant professor of earth and atmospheric sciences at Georgia Tech reported that it was a very large earthquake for the region but it was a long ways offshore. Newman also said that the quake occurred along a corridor of occasional seismic activity - more than a dozen shocks in the last 30 years that spans the Gulf from New Orleans to Cuba. It was also reported in the newspaper that powerful earthquakes in the eastern United States are rare, but when they do occur they are often felt over a wide area. I wonder if we will be getting any more tremors in my area.......Who knows.

In my other news......earlier today I finished reading a book titled "Flirting With Disaster" written by a wonderful writer named Sherryl Woods. It was a very interesting book to read I loved it from the moment I started reading it. One of my other coworkers wanted to read it so it is with her. As you know I do love to read books which reminds me that I haven't been to Barnes & Noble in quite a while I do miss it a lot. I came upon "Flirting With Disaster" at Walmart which is a good place to shop and find books.

A few hours earlier I watched "Jane Eyre" which is one of my favorite classic movies. It starred William Hurt and Charlotte Gainsbourg. It was made in 1996 by the way. I like watching classic movies like that. One of my other favorite movies came on Sunday afternoon called "Crossing Delancey" starring Peter Riegert who happens to make the movie a delight to watch. I could watch it a thousand times and never tire of it. I just thought you would like to know. 

 How are you dear world ? How is the weather in your neck of the woods these days ? At the moment its pretty late in the evening here in Atlanta so for now I will say........

Good-night and Sweet Dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Earth quakes have to be one of the scariest things EVER!!! We've only ever had a small one, thank lord...we didn't even feel it properly!

Hope you're ok,

Lv Stevie
xxx