Wednesday, September 7, 2005

Something New.....

Hello dear world......I have something to tell you. What I have to say might sound critical so bear with me.....

Mr. Jesse Jackson was at the Clayton County Courthouse today. He delivered a speech which I disagreed with. He spoke words of rescue and reunification. He also spoke that people should give money to the Rainbow Coalition. The problem I have with his speech is this. After the second day in New Orleans after the hurricane people were begging for food and water and for help Mr. Jackson was nowhere to be seen. When people were also being taken to the Astrodome Mr. Jackson was also nowhere to be seen or heard. Now when the last of the people are being taken out of New Orleans he has something to say and quite a bit of that has to do with being in front of the camera. When cameras are rolling Mr. Jackson has tons to say.When the hurricane hit New Orleans Mr. Jackson wasn't around to hear what the victims of the hurricane had to say.

Mr. Jackson did rescue people out of Iraq a while back. He didn't run to rescue people out of New Orleans. I feel that it isn't right for Mr. Jesse Jackson to step up in front of cameras and make a speech about recent events. He steps in front of a camera when he could have been trying to help a lot sooner.

People like Harry Connick Jr. stepped up to the plate and helped rescue people in boats without giving it a second thought. Mr. Jesse Jackson could have been a bigger help in the beginning of this horrible tragedy in my opinion.

This is all my opinion I don't mean to speak quite so critical but I feel that Mr. Jackson's appearance wasn't needed at this time. Am I wrong for feeling this way dear world ? I don't think that Mr. Jackson was sincere about things in my opinion. Mr. Jackson could step away from the flash of cameras and take the time to work behind the scenes which would show me that he is sincere about helping those who are suffering from the effects of Hurricane Katrina.

Perhaps I am wrong but I just have to speak my feelings about today's events. Please understand that this is all my opinion and nothing more. If you feel that I am wrong I would really like to hear your thoughts on this........Thank You

For now good evening dear world.....

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN Sister!!! Maybe The Rev should be MORE concerned about prayer and NOT about being a political player!!!

...hope all is well in your world...TERRY

Anonymous said...

very well said....

http://journals.aol.com/happysunshien/GreenOlivesPickleJuice/

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Yep while he was flapping his lips, actor Sean Penn took his own boat to New Orleans and rescued people trapped by the flood waters.