Monday, September 5, 2005

One Amazing Day......

Once more hello dear world........I had to drop in and see how you were doing.

This was a most wonderful Monday I must say it couldn't have been any better. Today my 14 - year old niece needed a particular book for school so my family and I went to a few bookstores in search of this book she needed titled "Oedipus the King". It turns out that Barnes and Noble, Media Play and WaldenBooks in the mall didn't have it. Apparently this book is getting bought left and right. In the end we ordered it online and it will get shipped to us.

I, on the other hand bought a book of poetry and ( 2 ) journals that I really liked for which I can't wait to get writing in them. I happen to like book stores, the smell of books as you step into a book store and the feel of the bindings on a book as you lift it off of a shelf. I am a avid book reader as you might have noticed. I really have fallen in love with Barnes and Noble its a huge book store with more books than anyone could ever imagine. Barnes and Noble carries shelves and shelves of books far more than any calculator could ever count in a thousand years.

A perfect dream would have to be : To be locked in Barnes & Noble for a week or better yet a month or two.

Yes dear world this was a perfect, perfect day......

P.S. I have just one final note......I would like to point out a most amazing journal. If you are an avid book lover as I am you might want to drop by the journal titled " One - Way Passage". Here is the link....

http://journals.aol.com/jayveeconcerto/One-WayPassage

If you have read "The Bridges of Madison County" this journal offers so much more and then some......So stop by and give it a read. I highly recommend this journal to you dear world. You will especially like the entry titled "Night Whispers" as I did.

Sleep well and sweet dreams......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Barnes and Noble too!! I love the smell of fresh books, and Id love to be locked up in there!

So great, that we share the same interest!

Glad your an avid reader.

reading is good for the soul so is writing.

love ya,
meg

Anonymous said...

I visited Barns and Noble a few times while we lived in Colorado.  Now that I am back in the south, I like Books A Million.  I too could be locked in for a few months and be happy!  I could blow my whole paycheck on just books.  Forget groceries, lol.  I am presently on the last book of Stephen King's Dark Tower series.  It is not something I would have read for myself, but my son wanted me to read it.  I must say, I have enjoyed the series so far, but we will see.  I actually prefer the inspirational books.  Catherine Marshall is my favorite inspirational author.  I have read her Books, To Live Again and Beyond Ourselves several times.  I want the kind of relationship with my heavenly Father that she had!!!!

Blessings!
Susan
http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle