Saturday, September 10, 2005

Regrets.......

Good evening dear world.......

Do you ever find that you have regrets about something you didn't do ? Why am I asking......well let me explain. At 6:30 p.m. my 14- year - old niece left for a homecoming dance at her high school in a floor length burgundy dress looking more like a grown up than I probably ever will. I looked at her in her dress and I saw a young girl who had blossomed into a very beautiful young lady. At that moment I got to thinking.......probably not a good thing right ?

My regret is this......I never went to any activities at my high school the entire time I went to high school. Looking back I wish that I would have went to things like the homecoming dance and the prom. I also never tried to make any friends with anyone that I went to high school with and so no one ever tried to become friends with me. I really had  thought that the the activities weren't going to be fun which looking back now I can see that I was really wrong.

So you see dear world why I ask the question. Do you have any regrets you would like to share. Your not the only one with regrets by far.

On a completely different note a woman named Joanne recently started a journal titled "Joanne's Journal". Drop by her journal and say hello to her she will appreciate it I'm sure. Here is the link to her journal -

http://journals.aol.co.uk/stijoan/joannesjournal/

Good - night dear world......Sweet dreams

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had already went to Joanne's journal & gave her a welcome. I am sure we all have some reguets about things from the past. Most things I just put behind me & try not to dwell on them. Thanks for the comment you left in my journal. We really enjoyed the sunrise this morning and it was amazing how quick it came on up.  Have a good night. Helen

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for visiting my journal!  I have to say Dirty Dancing was my all time favorite movie until I saw Second Hand Lions, but Ever After ran a close second.  Dirty Dancing only made #1 because I am a huge Patrick Swayze fan and I love to dance.  Did not really care for some of the dancing in the movie (you know what I mean).  Anyway, thanks for visiting me.  Ya'll come back now, ya heah!

Blessings!
Susan
http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle

Anonymous said...

I do not think there is one of us who does not have regrets but there is nothing you can do about them, only move on.  You can have your fun now!  Try and make up a little for what you did not do then.  Over here we do not have proms and homecoming dances, that is strictly an American thing. Thanks for visiting our new journaller, Joanne.