Monday, August 20, 2007

Some New News...

Hello dear world

How are you ?? I am doing quite well. Of course I have some news for you so here it is....

Today was officially the day that I had jury duty. I didn't know if I was going to get picked or not so I had to wait and see.

It turned out that I was put in a courtroom on one of the floors at my work. The jury panel I was on was questioned by the attorneys in the courtroom. I was questioned by the attorneys as well. The attorneys asked me who I knew so I informed them that my dad is a Deputy Sheriff in the building and that I have a cousin who also works in law enforcement. I didn't get picked for the big trial going on but I do have some exciting news.

Anywho....it was about 1:00 in the afternoon and I was still on break usually I would have been working at that time. I can tell you that being on jury duty is a long waiting process.

After my break at 3:30 in the evening I had to go back in the courtroom where some other jurors were being questioned by attorneys. Then about 4:30 in the evening I found out that I got picked to be a juror on a case which I was quite excited about. I didn't think that I was going to get picked but I did. I have to tell you my dear world that I am looking at this as an experience. I don't even know what I am going to wear tomorrow. I have to report at 9a.m. tomorrow. I am officially a juror. I am doing my civic duty aren't you proud of me ?

I can't go into any further details but I can tell you that this was quite an interesting day.

Well enough about me and my day how was your day today ? Did you have to work today ? I do hope that you had a very wonderful day as I did. Was the weather as warm there in your neck of the woods as it was in mine ? Most of all it was quite a day and I can't wait to see what tomorrow will be like. Do you have any news you want to share with me ?

That's about it for me. I'll talk to you again later my dear world.

Good-night !!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got picked Mornae, it gets boring just waiting around all day.
B. x

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes.  You will have to tell us all about the trial once it is over.  Have a good day tomorrow.

Phil

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to get on a jury.  I've never been picked.  Have fun.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Well Monae, Now youv'e gone and done it..Jury Duty...you'll be in the judgement seat now !! Good Luck. I think you will enjoy it but hope it only lasts a day or so as it is hard to remember everything that is going on and if you are anything like me your mind go's kinda blank at times !!!  Have a good day, one thing for sur eis I think you will be best dressed juror there.  Love  Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

Keep a clear head, Monae and enjoy the experience

Anonymous said...

Good luck on jury duty.
I think it's great that you are so excited about it. Some people will do anything to get out of it. I keep hoping i'll get to go sometime but I never do. I have plenty of time and I 'd love to do it. The last time I didm they settled the case and we didn't get to do anything. My husband always says if you want to go they will never pick you! LOL
Good luck. stay focused and tell us about the case when you are free to discuss it.
Can't wait to hear the details!

                               Sunny