Saturday, August 25, 2007

Dinner And A Movie....

Hello dear world

How is everyone ? I have to say that I had an enjoyable evening out. Why did I have an enjoyable evening you might wonder. Well for starters....

Earlier today my folks and I and my youngest niece dropped off my oldest niece to a sleepover one of her friends was having at a hotel so we took a ride over to the hotel and dropped her off at the entrance where she met up with her friend and the other girls who are at the sleepover as well.

Anywho...after dropping off my oldest niece my folks and I and my youngest niece Megan went out to dinner at a place called "Lee's Golden Buddha". When you step inside you are greeted by a huge Golden Budda and a water fountain which falls into a little stream where there are little cement frogs and a wishing well where you make a wish and throw a coin into the fountain they have.

After that we went and sat in the dining room where there are tables where the chefs cook at your table. The other tables are in the same room where you can watch the other cooks at the other tables. We had a cook at our table who performed all kinds of amazing stunts at our table with the food. One of the things he did was to build a 2-story volcano out of an onion and then he set the inside of it with fire which was amazing. He also balanced eggs on a metal spatula and he then flipped one into his hat. He also had me and my family try to catch little bits of cut up shrimp but none of us caught the shrimp. On the other side of the table there was another cook performing stunts with the fried rice which was amazing. There was one guy at the other table celebrating his 21st birthday so the people at the restaurant came and sang to him in Chinese which was nice. Later on another family came and we got to see the cook perform at their table. My youngest niece enjoyed it and the food was quite good. I had the steak and shrimp which was good too. The cook fries the vegetables too which are delicious. There is so much food provided that you get full within the first minute. We had to take home some of our food home after our meal. You could say that while the chefs cook you might end up with your eyebrows missing after the cook finishes preparing your meal. All in all we had a good time.

After we got home we came home and my mother and I watched the movie "The Family Stone" with Dermot Mulroney and Sarah Jessica Parker which I have to say is a funny and delightful movie to watch. I happen to be a Dermot Mulroney fan so it was worth watching.

Later on my mom had to go and wash my niece Megan's hair in the shower which my niece likes. But we did finish watching the movie and basically have enjoyed our evening.

So my dear world how was your night ?? Did you go out anywhere ?? I hope that you had as nice a night as my family and I. It did rain for a little while in my neck of the woods and then it stopped as quickly as it had started. How is the weather where you are ?

Last but not least I just wanted to drop in and tell everyone hello. That's about it for me. You will be happy to know that I am feeling better so rest assured I'm ok now. I'll talk to you again soon.

Good night !!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy you had a nice day of fun.  Take care and enjoy your Sunday as well.

Phil

Anonymous said...

You deserved a fun night after the hard week you had.  Have some more fun tomorrow and remember to smile. : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

Oh Monae, what a fun night you sure had. I have never heard of such a place. Bet it was expensive having to emloy all these chefs.  I am glad you enjoyed the movie as well. It is so lovely to read about your close family. It is so rare these days to read about family times together.  Have a lovely Sunday. Love Sybil

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun place, although I don't think I would enjoy having bits of food tossed at me. I would feel like  pet that someone was tossing treats to.

We eat out so much it's hard to find new places. For years now, my husband and I have come up with a system that works very well. We go out on Tuesdays and Saturdays. We take turns choosing so that we don't get stuck going to the other's favorite places all the time. One of will choose on Saturday, the other on Tuesday and then when the month changes, we change days. The basic rule is when it's your day to choose, you can go anywhere you want and the other cannot complain or whine.  

Try and stay cool...it's supposed to get down into the 80's by the end of the week.

Good luck. Glad you had a pleasant evening. It sounds like fun.

                           Sunny