Sunday, August 12, 2007

I'M HOME !!!!!!!!!!!

Heeeeeeellllllllllllo dear world !!!!!!!!!!

I'm back !!!!!!! How have you been doing without me dear world ? I hope you are all well. I thought I would come and share my trip with you since you were all curious to know how my trip went.

Well my family arrived at Unicoi State Park in Helen, Ga on Friday evening. It was a little confusing finding out where to check in at but we finally got to where we were supposed to check in and then we found a campsite. While we were setting up at campsite #7 my mom had a run in with a park ranger who was quite rude. He acted liked we weren't supposed to be at the campsite we were at and he immediately asked for our papers which my mom was going to get out of the car. Once she got our paper with our campsite number on it he wanted to put our paper on the site for us which my mom had my niece put up. He no longer came to our campsite after that.

Anywho...later on in the evening we took a drive to find some food. Let me tell you Helen, Ga is a Bavarian styled town inspired by the paintings of a guy named John Hollock. You might also want to know that there are horse drawn carriages in Helen, Ga. Here is a link for you to see Helen, Ga. -----> www.helengeorgia.com .

The very next day we woke up after sleeping in, getting up and getting dressed. Once we got going we walked through Helen, Ga to a place called Hofer's Bakery & Cafe. Hofer's was a little Bavarian restaurant which served foods such as Bratwurst, sauerkraut and different breads that we found are served in and around Bavaria. You have to see this place -----> www.hofers.com/ .

Later on in the day we went walking through the town of Helen a little more. There were quite a lot of bikers in the area riding their motorcycles through the town. After our walk we stopped off to get some funnel cakes. On the main drag there are shops including a magic shop as well as a biker shop and some t-shirt shops and some shops with arts-n-crafts being sold. My dear world I wanted to mention something...can you imagine the sound of a lot of motorcycles going all at once ?? It is quite a sound let me tell you and a lot of the guys on the motorcycles were quite nice looking. I just wanted to share that with you.

Later on the same day we stopped off and letthe grandchildren play a round of miniature golf. It was quite a hot day let me tell you. After my nieces played a round of golf we went back to the camper to change so we could get ready to go to the beach. The beach is located inside of the campground. I can tell you that there were quite a lot of people at the beach including dogs cooling off from the heat.

After the beach we got back to the camper and got ready to take our showers. Let me tell you the showers were terribly small and not fit for campers. After we took a quick shower we went back to the camper and got ready to go out for dinner at the park's lodge. The dinner was located inside of a really elegant lounge where there was a dinner buffet set up. The dinner consisted of some vegetables, white rice, broccoli, some shrimp in a white creamy looking sauce and some sort of fish that was cooked with its head still attached. There was a pretty good cheesecake there I must admit. Yes my dear world we had quite a day.

The only thing I didn't do was go tubing at a place called the Cool River Tubing Co. which quite a few people were doing. Earlier this morning we packed up and left Unicoi State Park. On our way home however we were trying to find IHOP so we could get something to eat but we ended up finding the TEXAS ROADHOUSE instead. Let me tell you the food is amazing. I had the 10 oz. Ft. Worth Ribeye which was quite a bit better than the ribeye at Longhorn's. Of course my dad ordered the texas sized 22 oz. beer which he and my mom drank.

After we ate we stopped off at Office Depot where my oldest niece bought a few school supplies. I bought some stickers and a talking pen. After that we walked over to Goody's where I didn't see anything I wanted. I did see a necklace there with a strawberry on it but it was a bit pricey so I didn't buy it.

After the shops we visited we got back on the road and so after an hour or two we arrived home and unpacked the car. At the end of our trip the question asked was....where are we going to next ?? And that's how I came home.

So my dear world how was your weekend ? Did you miss me ? I hope you all enjoyed your weekend as I did. I do hope you also enjoy your week.

Good-night all !!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time.  Sounds like a quaint town.  We have a villiage near us named Solvang and is Scandanavian with windmills and such.  Have a great week Monae.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a fun weekend!  My family and I camped lots.   We started with a tent when the kids were young, then progressed to a pop-up, then finally to a 25 foot camper we towed with our old Blazer ... ahhh, the memories.  Not able to go anymore since our retirement, a sad thing, but we made wonderful memories!  Have a nice week, hope it cools down for you there, it's been very hot here, too!!!    Judy in CT

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are storing some lovely memories of your holiday ~ glad you had a good time ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you had a good time. That ranger had no call to be rude to your family. Those fish with the heads still on at that dinner buffet were probably trout. There are a lot of trout in North Ga. Good fishing. Have a good week. Helen

Anonymous said...

I love Texas roadhouse and bikers..in no particular order...LOL
Welcome home!!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. I'm glad you had a nice time. B. x

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun fun fun time!!
I've heard a lot of bikers before. Once, I was in Reno Nevada, and they were having a biker convention called "Street Thunder" where over 50,000 bikers came to town. WOW there were bikers everywhere! And LOUD! OMG it didn't stop! LOL!
Have a good day,
Pam

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))Sounds like you all had a great time,I cant wait till I go on vaction in Sept.Have a nice day.