Wednesday, August 22, 2007

An Early Warning

Hello dear world

Good evening. First things first. Today in Atlanta, Georgia it was a very steamy hot day. Someone was wondering what I wore well today I wore a peach colored dress shirt with a barely there gold stripe with sandy brown dress pants and a nice pair of dress shoes. My coworkers saw me and they also liked the dress shirt I wore.

Anywho....I have to warn you that tomorrow I will be ranting about the things that I did not like about the case, questions I had and just some stuff I didn't agree with about the case. I can tell you that the case revolved around a woman whose name I can't mention. The thing is the case revolved around her and a guy she was on trial with. The guy was put on the stand but yet she wasn't which leaves me with questions still. Tomorrow the attorney's have to give their closing arguments and then the other jurors and I have to deliberate.

You might want to know that here in my neck of the woods we get paid $25.00 a day for the number of days we are on a jury. However if a person doesn't get picked on Monday they still have to report to the main Jury holding room which in the building I am located in at my work is on the 1st floor. The ones who didn't get picked have to keep reporting in case they get picked to be on a jury.

On a totally different note I have been on a jury that had more women then men. There were two guys in particular named J**** and another guy named T****. I can tell you that I will miss being on a jury with them because they kept us laughing in the jury room from the very 1st day. They are really nice guys.

Most of all my dear world today the other jurors and I were in and out of court. I had a very going,going busy busy day. How was your day dear world ? How are you holding up these days ?? I hope you are all well. I just wanted to come and share some news with you.

Do enjoy the rest of your night. Take care

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear your rant.  Sounds like it was an interesting case from what you haven't said! LOL  Have fun.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Don't be too rough on us tomorrow!  LOL  Don't get as steamed as the Hotlanta Weather!  Take care and have a good day.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the trial is almost at an end. It is odd I think when they put some people on the stand and not others...That sounded an absolutely stunning outfit Monae. wish we could have seen you.  Have a nice day hope that it isn't quite so hot and humid. We at last had a nice sunny day yesterday and forecast for today is good as well.  Love  sybil xx

Anonymous said...

You sound as though you're enjoying jury service. Will they be able to pick you for another case afterwards or is your duty finished when he case ends?
B. x

Anonymous said...

Cam't wait the outcome of the trial. It's better than Court TV!
Details. we want details!
Hotlanta weather for sure but we finally got some thunderstorms here (SC) that really helped. I'm sure you'll get some of those as well.
Wish I could get picked for jury duty. *I could use the $25 a day! :-)
Looking forward to the ranting and raving.
Good luck .Stay focused.

                        sunny

Anonymous said...

You sound as those this Trial thing might be right up your alley. As in Lawyer? I think you would make an awesome Lawyer, you pay such close attention to detail! Hope your staying nice and cool and enjoying your Everyday! Take care,
Katie

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading more details! Glad you had a couple of good guys to make everyone laugh. That always makes the time go faster.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your updates, Monae

Anonymous said...

Hi "Southern"

Just thought I would return the favor and leave a comment in your blog!

And ditto to you too.. Please stop by anytime and leave a comment!


Take Care,
And Happy blogging

Christopher

http://journals.aol.com/cmarlow330/ChristophersJournal/