Monday, May 7, 2007

Notes For Monday

Hello dear world

How are you ? First let me say that I am happy to report that the weather was nice today it behaved really well today. It was a wonderful 73 degrees in my neck of the woods.

You might also want to know that today was the beginning to a whole new week for me at work which was nice. One of my coworkers brought in some bread she had made at home to work which I have to say was rather good. The bread had a very sweet taste to it and the crust on the bread was coated with a Cinnamon sugar to give it a little crunch to it. I really liked the bread she made. The only part that I didn't like was that it had raisins in it but all in all it was quite a tasty snack. You might also want to know that I did eat a few slices of it including one slice with a cup of chocolate ice cream that I bought at the store. Yes my dear world the bread with the ice cream was perfect.

On a more sad note I have rather upsetting news to report. I read in the newspaper today that Palestinian militants opened fire near a children's festival at a U.N. operated elementary school in the Southern Gaza Strip on Sunday, killing a bodyguard of a local Fatah Party Leader and wounded 7 other people which was reported by medical officials. There was no immediate claim of responsibility but Muslim extremists earlier had visited the school and warned authorities not to hold the festival which was also reported by U.N. and Security Officials.

On another sad note I also read that recently a roadside explosion outside the Iraqi capital on Sunday killed six American soldiers and a European civilian journalist which was reported by the military. I also read that in Samarra , in the Sunni heartland 60 miles north of Baghdad, a car bomb and shooting attack killed 12 police including the police chief and which also wounded two American soldiers racing to the headquarters to help.

The American deaths I read included eight soldiers killed Sunday in separate attacks in Diyala province and Baghadad and two marines killed Saturday in a blast in Anbar province. Also, a soldier died Sunday in a noncombat incident in northern Iraq. Their deaths raised to at least 3,373 the number of U.S. military members who have died since the U.S. invasion in March 2003 according to an Associated Press. The Baghadad market blast erupted about noon in the mixed Sunni-Shiite Baiyaa neighborhood and devastated the area, reducing cars and trucks to skeletons. In addition to the dead, dozens of other people were injured. I read in the newspaper that no one claimed responsibility for the attacks.

My dear world I don't really know what will change in Iraq or if the President is watching the news lately. Everytime I turn on the news all I hear about is that more violence has erupted in Iraq or another soldier has been killed over there. I was sad when I heard the news and when I read about everything in the newspaper. I just think that something has to change over there or if things will get worse I don't see how they could. I have to say my dear world that I think that the U.S. troops need to come home and out of harm's way. Am I wrong for feeling this way my dear world ???

My dear world check out this video ------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXWXQeHCWpo (Waiting On The World To Change)

On a different note....for those of you like me who are afraid of spiders I have a little nightmarish tale to share with you from the news. Recently what began as a faint popping in a 9-year-old Albany Ore, boy's ear like "Rice Krispies" ended up as an earache, and the doctor's diagnosis was that a pair of spiders each the size of a pencil eraser made a home in his ear. " They were walking around in his eardrums, " Jesse Courtney said, One of the spiders was dead, but the other was still alive after the doctor flushed the fourth-grader's left ear canal. It took a second dousing before it emerged. I read that Jesse took the two dead Spiders to school. " It was real interesting...what next ?" he said.

Sweet Dreams dear world !!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your weather is nice. Ours is as well. Hope you have a good week!
Pam