Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Fire In The Sky

Hello dear world

How are you ??? Here I am again. Good evening to you all. What happened in my neck of the woods you might be wondering ? Well there was some wildfires blazing in South Georgia today and the smoke drifted into my neck of the woods. The air outside was smothered with smoke. The smell burned my nose and my throat. Today was NOT a good day to go out. I am thinking that I might just buy me a really huge oxygen tank to carry around with me. I don't mean to complain not at all but I hate the smell of smoke.

Anywho...it was another day at work for me and it was a busy,busy,busy day. However later in the afternoon the smoke did pass through slowly but surely. You know my dear world it must have been dreadful for the people living in South Georgia to breathe as well. It was quite hard to breathe earlier today and for the people in South Georgia it must have been a choked up day. I do hope that everyone made it through the day alright. I am hoping that the fires were put out safely and that the air will be clear to breathe in tomorrow but you never know.

My dear world we need a good long rain to clear the air don't you think ??? I wonder if we'll be getting any rain anytime soon. Before I go I have a little note to share with you. Tonight there's a movie coming on television in my neck of the woods and my favorite favorite favorite actor Tom Selleck is going to be in it. The movie is going to be a crime drama which Tom Selleck stars as a guy named Jesse Stone. I have to say that I think that he is a very nice looking guy. I have always liked watching Tom Selleck in movies. I can't wait to see him in the movie tonight I'm sure it will be good. I forgot to send you a link but now here it is ----> http://www.cbs.com/specials/jesse_stone/ .

So how are things in your neck of the woods these days ? I hope your neighborhood wasn't covered in smoke today. I hope that you had a very wonderful and enjoyable Tuesday. I'm just hoping for clear skies tomorrow........I hope. What will you be doing this week ????

Well I've probably rambled on long enough. I'll talk to you later my dear world. Until then.....

Keep me posted !!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep on ramblin'.  Hope you don't have the smoke problem much longer.  Since you don't like the smell of smoke I'm guessin' that you aren't a smoker.  Take care and have a nice hump day.

Phil

Anonymous said...

It's horrible what happened in South Georgia with the fires. Sorry to hear the smoke has drifted your way. Hopefully you do get rain to clear the air. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I hope you get rain soon and clear air to breathe!  
I have always loved Tom Selleck too!  I have his autograph on a photo of him. I should frame it and put it up on the wall LOL!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,  do hope that the air around you is clear this mroning.  I am sure glad that I don't live anywhere that we would get such a thing as all that smoke. Occasionally in the late Autumn we might get the occasional farmer or forester burning a field but there are rules that say they must keep it all under control. Hope that today you don't have as busy a day at work. Love sybilsybil45

Anonymous said...

Ah gee, Monae - we had a lot of rain here in Vancouver over the week-end. Wish we could have sent you some to put out those fires. Now, we are going to be in for a few days of sunshine and blue skies. Can't wait to finally work on my rose bushes. Don't work too hard, now.

Anonymous said...

There's no smoke around here, but then I'm a little way from Georgia. ;O)  Hope the air clears and the skies brighten for you.
Enjoy your film. B. x

Anonymous said...

OH IT'S SUCH A SHAME WHEN THESE FIRES COME ALONG.I FEEL SO SORRY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE AROUND THEM.I WILL SAY PRAYERS THEY ARE SOON UNDER CONTROL AND EVERYONE IS BREATHING IN PURER AIR.SORRY IT AFFECTED YOU SO BADLY.MY OLD NEIGHBOUR HAD A CANNY RESEMBLANCE IN LOOKS  TO TOM SELECK AND I HAVE A FEW PIC OF HIM WITH ME ON HOLDAY WHEN HE AND HIS WIFE WENT ON HOLIDAY TOGETHER WITH MYSELF AND PARTNER.ONE OF THE PICS  SOMEONE ONCE ASKED ME IF I HAD MET TOM WHILST ON HOLIDAY LOL!! SO THEY MUST HAVE THOUGHT HE LOOKED LIKE HIM TOO.ENJOY THE FILM.OF COURSE HIS WIVES FAVOURITE ACTOR WAS TOM SELLECK I WONDER WHY? LOL!! TAKE CARE GOD BLESS.
Astoriasand http;//journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYNES

Anonymous said...

I have a great deal to thank you for, Your comments left on my journal was truely lovely thank you.I hate smoke and we do not get fires near us, how do people manage who have asthma? or other chest illnesses? My nana always had a coal fire and if i was out side it would upset my tummy, to the degree of being sick.I hope your day is lovely.
Katie

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))))))I am sorry the smoke is bad for you.I hope the smoke goes away.Have a nice night.