Saturday, May 19, 2007

News For Today

Hello dear world

Good evening how are you ? Well I am happy to report that the weather was quite nice for our church picnic. Earlier today my family and I drove to our church which is St. Philip Benizi where our picnic was held. The picnic is a tradition at our church. Anywho....earlier today I did a cake walk which is similar to musical chairs. I also got on a ride with my oldest niece Jeanette which was a ride that tosses you around and around in a circle.

At the picnic they had a face painting booth, a sno cone booth, a cotton candy booth and a rock climbing wall. No, my dear world I didn't climb the wall I am NOT much of a climber when it comes to climbing a rock wall. While we were at the picnic they had a raffle going on which was a raffle for some baskets which we didn't win any.

For lunch at the picnic they had chips, hot dogs and bar-b-que sandwiches. I had a hot dog for lunch and my parents had the sandwich as well as a hot dog. For a snack I had some cotton candy and a sno cone which was quite good and sweet.

There were quite a few people at the picnic. There weren't any single guys there. All of the guys there had wives and children so I pretty much stayed with my family which was nice. While we were sitting at the picnic there was a guy there singing with a band and let me tell you that he did a terrible job of singing. I also watched some young kids playing a game of volleyball.

About 4:30 p.m. we started putting up the chairs which my dad and I took to the car. After the picnic we went to mass inside of the church. During the mass some parents had their young babies baptized for the very first time. It was a nice ceremony but the babies did cry while they were being baptized.

After mass had ended my family and I drove to Atlanta near Turner Field to a restaurant. The restaurant was named "Just Loaf'n". The place is a New Orleans style restaurant. My family and I had Shrimp Po'Boys. We also had a drink called a Sno Ball. I had a cotton candy flavored Sno Ball. At the restaurant they have different flavored sno ball's. They have a Praline Sno Ball and a Bubble Gum Sno Ball as well as a Margerita Sno Ball. The Po Boy's were quite good as well as the Sno Ball's. Tonight was my first time ever going to "Just Loaf'n". Inside of the restaurant they had traditional Mardi Gras masks displayed. They also had some music from New Orleans playing while we ate. I enjoyed our dinner and the restaurant. My dear world if your ever in the Atlanta area you need to visit the place and taste the food. I highly recommend it. Here is a link to the restaurant --------> http://www.justloafn.net/ .

All in all it was a really wonderful day for my family and I. How was your Saturday my dear world ? I hope you had as wonderful a day as I did. I don't have any plans tomorrow but hopefully it will be as nice as my day today. Do enjoy the rest of your weekend. I'll talk to you again soon.

Sweet Dreams Dear World !!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a nice day.  Too bad there weren't any single guys for you to talk to.  As nice as you are I would think guys would be in line wanting to meet you. : )  Take care and have a super Sunday.

Phil

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you and your family had a good day. That restuarant sounds like a good place to dine. Have a good
Sunday. Helen

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a fun day! Sounds like a great day to me. Did you take pictures? I wanna see a picture of you and your family.
Have a good Sunday.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and your family had a wonderful time. I really enjoy sno cones when the weather is nice and warm. Those different flavours sure sound interesting.
Sincerely, Rose~*

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good day out, hope your Sunday is just as enjoyable. B. x