Monday, February 26, 2007

Forgive Me Dear World

Hello dear world

How are you ? I am about to say a few things that some people might disagree with so let me start by saying I'm sorry but I need to have a Dennis Miller moment so please bear with me.

First of all I hate to say this but there are two people in this world that I dislike : Sean Hannity and Oprah Winfrey.

From listening to the radio today I heard Sean Hannity talking on this talk radio show which I have to say should be taken off the air as soon as possible. He talked about our children when it comes to education as being stupid. He made it seem like like our children in school's today have learned absolutely nothing. I have to say that I don't think that he really likes anyone or anything except the President. I really feel that some of the things he says is quite offensive and rude. He also talked with rudeness about the Oscars. He made it seem like everyone drives around in Limousines without a care for anyone or anything. If he doesn't like celebrities or people who may be famous for being in the entertainment industry then he should do without totally being rude or conceited about it.

I have to say that I dislike Oprah Winfrey and I am sorry to have to say this but I do. It seems to me like she has totally gone into being a Presidential Candidate. It also seems to me that she is taking it into her hands to tell people what they should be eating, wearing, thinking, reading and how they should be living their lives. It was also reported recently in the news that she built a school in Africa which is fine but the thing is couldn't she build a school here in the States for our girls just as well ? It was like she felt that our girls here in United States were not worthy of having a school built for them. She seems to think that the girls here in the States are not smart enough academically to be given such a gift as a school like the one she had built in Africa. There is also news that she has a Primetime Special as well which has practically turned her into some sort of Queen for what's she done for the girls in Africa. I think that yes the girls in Africa deserve a school but how about looking into a school for the young women here in the United States ? I think that it would be nice if a school had been built in the United States just as there was in Africa. I think that young ladies such as my nieces deserved a school as well as the young ladies in Africa.

I may be wrong dear world but I had to share my thoughts on this and express my thoughts on these two individuals. I am sorry if I offended anyone with my opinions. Please forgive me dear world.

Thank You.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing about Oprah, she's got so much moneyy how about helping out the people in her own backj yard, I liked her better wheb=n she was a struggling atress, she has forgoten what is is like to be just a norn=mal person....

MISSY

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you about Oprah.  It seems to me she thinks she is the center of the universe at times.  And what hasn't happened to her.  She was abused as a child, etc.  Hope you have a good week.

Phil

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))I aggree with you,but Africa does need help,not only by building a school,and not just africa either,America as well,as well as other countrys to.No,you didnt offend anyone.I hope I didnt offend you.have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

I don't know who Sean Hannity is, but I have noticed a big difference in Oprah the past couple of years.  My Mom and I were talking about that very subject earlier today.  She's done many wonderful things for many people, but there is an obvious change in her, and personally, I liked her much better before the change.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Yup, DITTO on the Sean Hannity..... but NOOOOO, I LOVE OPRAH WINFREY!!!  And I'd work for her anyday!!!  Even if it meant that me and my family would have to up and move out to Chicago right NOW... which I don't prefer to do since I can't stand the thought of living in snow conditions!  But for her, I would.  

I could see your point about being sad that she's not opening up a prestigious school here in the US for American girls to attend, to get a "leg up" in this world, but who says that she "won't" eventually???... She also contributes substantially to charities in the US, through her Angel Network as well as her own personal and private donations... Her decision to open up the 1st school out in Africa should be applauded, because in all reality, Africa needs it more than the US does, generally speaking.  If you consider all the political, cultural, religious, racial apartheid and other attrocious acts being committed in Africa, and weigh them against our US problems, HANDS DOWN, Africa as a nation has got bigger problems!  Bottom line:  Africa is a THIRD WORLD NATION.  So it's no wonder that she's taken an assertive step forward to have her 1st school built there.  If I personally had to choose one, and only ONE country/nation to build an all girls school, then I too would choose Africa, due to the forementioned reasons.

Anonymous said...

Opinions are typically a brilliant thing, not something you should apologize for lightly!
They are both opinionated themselves and would have no problem telling you so!
Rebecca