Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Some Things You Might Want To Know

Hello dear world

How are you ? Let me catch you up to date my dear world. As some of you might not know today I took the day off from work because I had a doctor's appointment which I went to. The doctor I saw was named Afrin Rahman at Kaiser. I have a question for you dear world : Why is it that we can put people on the moon but we can't seem to have doctors consider something better than a wafer-thin paper towel for people to use when seeing the doctor ? You get into the room and you are instructed to take everything off only to slip into a wafer-thin like paper towel top and a paper towel to wrap around the legs ??? Why is that ???? I think that if we come so far with out technological advances in science and space that we could come out with a night gown for people to wear when seeing their doctor.....don't you think so dear world ? I would seriously like to write to the AMA or otherwise known as the American Medical Association and give them a piece of my mind about this.

You might also want to know that I was told that I would have to make another appointment with the doctor and get a Urinalysis, a Lipid Panel whatever that is as well as an Electrolyes Serum. The doctor also informed me that I would have to get some Iron tablets. But as I expected the doctor also told me that I would have to lose weight why couldn't the doctor tell me that I was perfectly fine. I am in no way ready for taking up the task of eating Broccoli, spinach, carrots, corn, peas or brussel sprouts. I am certainly not up to the task of eating things that are fat free, or which contain low fat or reduced fat. I am more of a fan of hamburgers, french fries, pizza, taco's, ice-cream, burrito's, doughnuts, potato chips, sausages, spaghetti, shrimp fried rice, soft shell crabs, soda and of course chocolate. If I have to give up chocolate well I don't think I can do that in any way, shape or form. Okay, okay, okay enough with my ranting and raving I just had to share that with you.

So how was your day dear world ? How are things with you ? Did you have a day like mine ?? That's about it for me. I'll let you get back to what you were doing. Take care dear world. I shall return tomorrow with our regularly scheduled programming.

Good-night !!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The purpose of the paper gown is to make you agree with anything the doctor says since he/she has clothes and you don't. ;) ~ Mike

Anonymous said...

I hate those little short paper gowns. Disposable is the word. I eat most all of those veggies and the weight is still on me. Giving up sweets is the hardest thing to a person who has craved sweets all her life. Helen

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))I would rather wear a night gown to.lol.When I go to my Arthitis Doctor,I bring a pair of shorts with me.lol.I am sorry thigns didnt go well with you.I hope you feel better soon.I am good here,about to get ready and go to work soon.Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae... hahaha... your paper towel lack of cover wear was 2Funny!  LOL... I like eating all those healthy vegetables, maybe not everyday, but on most days when I feel like makin em... I'm a huge fruit eater, I try to eat a fruit of any kind each and every day because they're DELICIOUS!!!... But then again, I also like eating all those naughty items you mentioned too... in excess... preferably on a daily basis... So yeah, I can relate.  In terms of you having to lose weight, well, welcome to the club!  LOL... About 6 years ago before I had my 1st kid, I use to weigh 115 lbs... & at 5'3" that's a good weight to be at for me... I looked slender and healthy... now, 2 kids later... I've blown up like a circus tent and have now reached oh, some where around like 150+ lbs... I know, I know, it's absolutely disgusting... so, my dad gives me his treadmill about ohhhhh 8 months ago, and how many times have I used the "thang"?  LIKE 2 LOUSY TIMES!!! ... So now, just NOW, I'm thinking about having my husband Chris bring down the machine from our retreat down to our dining room, adjacent to our dining table... that way, I figure I could TRY to step up on the treadmill for everytime I wanna snack, or eat bad!  I recently read from an "O" magazine, that studies supposedly have shown that when you get food cravings, and you aren't due to eat, that if you can just preoccupy your mind for like 15 minutes on other things (cleaning, reading, getting the mail, etc...), most often the cravings will go away.  So I've NOW, just NOW, decided to go on this 15 minutes "waiting" rule!  I'll tell you how it goes.  I shall start LATER THIS AFTERNOON!!!  I can't say "THIS MORNING" cuz hubby is at work right now and I need him to get home to push my treadmill downstairs for me!  Good thing he only works until NOON on Fridays!  TGIF!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Monae,    I hope all went well with your doctors visit. Take care. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx