Sunday, February 11, 2007

A Most Beautiful Day Indeed

Hello dear world

How is everyone doing today ? I am doing quite well I must say. It was a wonderful 57 degrees here in my neck of the woods and I loved it. You might be surprised to know that I did some yard work today. I helped my family to rake up some pine straw and a big blanket of leaves which covered our yard out front of our house. If you drove by you could actually see our yard again. Raking the yard reminded me of something the poet Robert Frost once wrote.

What I like best's the lay of different farms,

Coming out on them from a stretch of woods,

Or over a hill or round a sudden corner.

I like to find the folks getting out in Spring,

Raking the dooryard, working near the house.

Later they get out further in the fields....

The fields are stripped to lawn,the garden patches

Stripped to bare ground, the maple trees

To whips and poles....

----------------------------------------------------------------

Let me tell you my dear world it sure feels as if Spring is on its way. It was a really amazingly beautiful day and I wanted to share it with all of you. The sky was a wonderful shade of blue and the whole day was just perfect. I wish I could have bottled this day and mailed it to all of you.

Anywho....after working outdoors I watched a movie that you all might have to see. The movie is "First Comes Love" with John Stamos its a great movie to see for Valentines Day I liked it so if you get a chance to see it I'm sure you will like it too.

So how was your day dear world ? What did you do today ? I hope you had a really nice Sunday. Tomorrow will start another week at work for me. Don't forget about Valentines Day !!!!

Take care everyone. Byyyyyyye !!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got a chance to be outside today. It was a beautiful day here also. It did start out cold though. Thanks from Ken and me for the cute Valentine Card. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice Spring day. We seem to be into April showers at the moment. This weather is sure messed up. B. x

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that you had a good day. It’s still kinda cold here, but the temperature’s rising. It was 40 today, lol. We’re expecting snow for Tuesday and Valentine’s Day. A little late for snow, I don’t want it now... sorry for not being around lately. First I was beyond busy, now I’m getting no alerts. It never ends, lol. Don’t think I deserted you though, I love your entries!
Have a fabulous start to the week!

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts