Friday, February 23, 2007

Notes For Friday

Hello dear world

How are you today ? First things first I am happy to report that the weather here in my neck of the woods was simply wonderful and I am hoping that it continues.

Anywho....during lunch time I went down to a Goodwill store with two of my female co-workers. While I was there I picked up a couple of books which I will tell you about later in my entry.

In other news....earlier this afternoon outside the employee entrance at my work there were quite a few news vans perched outside the building like Hawks eyeing their prey. The Channel 46 News vans were there, the Channel 2 News vans were there, the Channel 5 Action News vans were there as well. They were all there because of a huge drug bust which recently happened in my neck of the woods by the Riverdale police department. They had all of their cameras set out awaiting some interviews I suppose but it looked like something major was going to erupt at any second but we didn't stick around we left to go shopping. I just thought you might want to know that.

On to what I was telling you in the beginning...at the Goodwill store I picked up some books including the book Possession which was also a movie starrring Gwyneth Paltrow, Aaron Eckhart and Jennifer Ehle. Here is a link for you ---- http://www.possession-movie.com/ . I must tell you that "Possession" is one of my favorite movies.

I also purchased some Harlequin romance novels which is centered around NASCAR. By the way did you know that NASCAR has entered into a licensing agreement with Harlequin Enterprises Limited, the world's leading publisher of women's fiction and series romance ? I have enjoyed reading them because I am a fan of NASCAR including the race car driver Jeff Gordon.

Enough about me and my day. How are things in your neck of the woods ? How has the weather been in your part of the world ? I hope you are all well. That's about it for me. I will most certainly talk to you again later.

Do take care my dear friends. Byyye !!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))Sounds like you had an advanture of a day.You say,Riverdale?Were are you from?I am from Maryland.I hope you have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

It just started snowing again in Rockford tonight......  yuck !!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good day - and with a little excitement too. THe weather here is becoming milder by the day and Spring is just around the corner.  (I hope.) Have a good weekend. B. x

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going well with you, and I hope you enjoy your books. I'm looking forward to hearing more about them. At the moment I have so much work that needs to be done, but I'm making a commitment to J~Land right now and catching up with everyone, lol.
Hope your day is going well!

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

Hmm.... "Possession" sounds like a good movie... sooooo good to the point that I just put it on top of my Netflix list... hopefully I get it by this weekend!  :o)  I luv Jennifer Ehle and it sounds like this movie is somewhat "period piecey"... and boy do I LOVE those!!!  I'm looking forward to watching it soon.