Friday, March 31, 2006

One Terrible, Horrible, Awful, Paint Me Blue Kind of Day.......

I don't know what to say but I have sad news..........I don't know if I told you but in my department at my job I work with 3 other women which are all older than me. One of my coworkers is named D____. We found out this morning that her husband died yesterday evening. He was sick for the last couple of weeks but he didn't want to go to the doctor. He died of a heart attack. She is taking it hard. She really loved her husband and the news hit her pretty hard. One of my other coworkers talked to her on the phone and she reported that she was upset over the phone. I'm sure that it will take time for her to get over this tragic loss. His funeral will be Monday and I will be going to it. So far this week there has been a lot of sad news and tears. This was an emotionally draining week for me. I don't know what next week will be like. I can tell you dear world that tonight my heart is heavy. It will be hard for me to go to another funeral after all that has happened this week. 

Dear world how do you get over a week like this ??? Do I have a right to feel this way ???? 

I hope you are well at least dear world. Take care and be well.  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such sad news ~ my thoughts are with your colleague at her time of grief ~ you wouldn't be human if you didn't feel the way you do ~ and of course you have every right to feel that way ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Oh how sad ,and awful for your collegue ,you must all take care of each other in your office ,its been an awful time for you and Iwould say it would be most unusual for you not to feel as you do ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

HUn, I am so sorry about this. Troubles seem to be abounding . Maybe spring will renew things for us all.

Anonymous said...

That is dreadfully sad news, Monae.  My condolences to your friend and her family.

Hugs

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's just so hard to even look forward to another day.  We never know what it's going to bring.  We hope for the best but sometimes it turns out to be the worst.  Keep your chin up, there is hope for a brighter day....Linda

Anonymous said...

That is sad and ruff...sometimes life can be like that though unfortunately.