Thursday, March 30, 2006

Remembering

Hello Dear World........Good Evening

Did you miss me ? You were probably wondering where I've been. Do you remember my friend that I told you about that was killed recently. Well two days ago I attended her funeral at a church known as Divine Faith Baptist Church. It was a beautiful funeral but it was also sad. She had touched the lives of so many people outside of work. She also worked with young troubled teens and victims of domestic abuse. I didn't tell you how she was killed. She herself was also a victim of domestic abuse. I can say that she was a very friendly person to me and my coworkers. I can also say that she would stop whatever she was doing to ask me how I was feeling and then she would give me a hug. My coworkers also liked her as much as I did. There were quite a few people at the funeral including several law enforcement officials, the commissioner, the sheriff, friends of hers, family members and many, many others.  I can say that with my heart that she was one of those people that you are glad to have met . She always had a smile on her face and she always made you feel that you were the most important person in her life. I wish I would have told her that I liked her but she probably knows that. Now everytime I go past her desk I keep expecting to see her and to hear her voice. I will miss her for a long time to come.

On a more exciting note Spring has officially arrived here in my neck of the woods. The weather has been beautiful for several days now. Everything is blooming and the wind is warm. The only hard part about this weather is the pollen. Despite the pollen I am enjoying this weather.

I have to say that I missed chatting with you dear world. I can't wait to come and talk to you again soon..........Take care dear world.........Good-night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is sad when people fall prey to those that are supposed to love them...

Anonymous said...

I am sure you will remember your friend for a very long time to come ~ she certainly touched your heart ~ and once there they never leave ~ Glad spring has come at last and you are enjoying it ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

It's sad that it is a common story for many people.  Sorry you lost your friend.  ~ Mike

Anonymous said...

Your friend probably touched a lot of lives and she will not be forgotton. Helen