Thursday, March 2, 2006

Under The Weather........

Hello Dear World......

How are you these days ? I can't say that I'm doing too great. For the last couple of days I've been sick with a rather horrible cold. My throat has been sore and hot, my nose has been clogged and I've taken enough Nyquil at night that I feel as if I could sleep for at least 6 weeks straight. In one of my favorite journals titled "Chosen Words" there is a poem titled " Fever " that I wanted to share with you. The poem speaks a lot about how I feel. The writer of the journal is named R.Brimm I have told you about that journal several times I know. Here is the poem without further disturbance from me......

" Fever "

I'm on fire,

burning up,

crinkling

at the edges,

turning

to ashes.

 

I'm a slice

of bacon,

an egg

broken

on a skillet,

an omelet

filled with embers.

 

I would

cry out

for water,

would call

for a fire

truck, but

who would hear ?

 

A chip

of ice,

a bit

of breeze,

your cool

kiss is

all I ask.

 

I hear

crows

in the

distance,

squabbling

over the

diagnosis.

 

c. 2006 R.Brimm

----------------------

I have been reading some other journals which have made this cold bearable........The first one is..........

Friendship, Loyalty and Love ----------> http://journals.aol.com/megzie212/MegsAOLJournal/

The other one is titled " The Stupidsheet Guy" --------> http://journals.aol.com/stupidsheetguy/TalkToMe/

and the other one is titled " Sandra's Scribbles " -----> http://journals.aol.com/labdancer51/SandrasScribbles/

In Sandra's Scribbles she has also included some rather wonderful ghost stories which might send you to bed with the lights on..........

Sleep Well Dear World......

P.S. Do you have any recipes for curing the common cold that you might share with me.........I will take any advice you have to offer.

Good - night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I have a cold I alway have a couple of spoonfuls of manuka Honey - until the cold has gone ~it eases the throat and seems to help me....Hope you feel better soon..  I love the poem ....Ally

Anonymous said...

Hope you soon feel better, Hope it doen't go to you chest. If it does then Mucinex over the counter is good for that as well has the head congestion. Be sure to eat something when you take it. My daughter, son and daughter in law has had colds and coughing really bad for over two weeks. They have lost out of work some. My daughter has been to the Dr two times with here and my son really needs to go but is stubborn about going. Fortunately I haven't been around them as they don't live close to me but of course if I was needed I would be there. Helen

Anonymous said...

If you get peppermint oil and burn it either in an oil burner or make a steam bath out of it by putting it into a boiling pot of water and putting your head above it with a towel...that will open up your sinuses, a few drops of peppermint oil really go a long way.  Of course extra vitamin C in your diet helps too.   And echinacea can help reduce healing time.  Then as they say, you really need just to relax and get some sleep for most colds will fizzle out as long as your immune system has a chance to fight them.  I hope you feel better soon!  :)

Anonymous said...

Awww Monae, I prayed for you last night, I dont know what but something told me to pray for you, and I hope that your feeling better very very soon.

I love the journal, "chosen words" Mr Brimm is a great poet.

Take care , my friend.

love,
Meg

Anonymous said...

I find honey and lemon in a cup of hot tea works wonders. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

I use a powdered drink called Emergen-C. You can find it at your local vitamin shop - it works wonders!

Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage