Monday, March 6, 2006

My Monday.......

Hello Dear World....

How are you ? It was another beautiful day here in Atlanta, Georgia let me tell you. Tonight my folks and I went to Barnes & Noble which is a huge, huge, huge bookstore. Do you want to know what I saw......Well I saw ( 4 ) young boys and they all looked to be about 12-years-old. They were sitting at 2 different tables across from each other. They were playing what seemed like a rather diffucult game of Chess. I could tell by looking at these boys that they were prodigies. I myself have never been able to play Chess. I'm sure that the boys were quite smarter than I am and will ever be I'm sure. The only thing I know about Chess is that it is a board game for ( 2 ) players, each beginning with 16 pieces, with the objective of checkmating the opposing king. There was also an older gentleman with them standing by instructing them once in a while. I also saw some older guys playing Chess and let me tell you that they were quite good at it.

While I was looking around I saw quite a bit of students talking about and studying things I never learned before. In the bookstore I felt like I was the only person in the room with absolutely no brainpower to speak of. Barnes & Noble is filled with books by authors I have never heard of, read or knew about. There were books of every subject and person anyone could ever think of.

After all of that we went to eat at a place called " Joe's Crab Shack " which is a great place to eat lots of seafood. I had some Dungeness Crab with some fried shrimp so did my mom. My dad on the other hand had what was called Salmon Rockefeller. My meal was good and my dad said his meal was good as well.

All in all it was a very busy night......

I would like to share some journals that I have been looking at recently........One is titled "Pandora's Bazaar" and the other "Bee's Shutter". Here are their links :

Pandora's Bazaar ----------> http://journals.aol.com/pandorasbazaar/PandorasJournal/

Bee's Shutter -------------> http://journals.aol.com/redbaranjj/BeesShutter/

Here is another journal that I think you will want to read as well titled "The Wildcat's Lair". Drop by and tell me what you think of these other journals soon.

The Wildcat's Lair ------------> http://journals.aol.com/knightbek/TheWildcatsLair/

I will talk to you soon dear world.........sleep well. Byyyyyyyyye !!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ishould have been in the book store with you then ,we could have discussed our none knowledge of chess together lol ,on the other hand I love books so it sounded a good place to be ............Jan xx http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeadie05/Serendipity/

Anonymous said...

I know nothing whatsoever about Chess. My son and daughter used to play when they were small but not taught how to play by me LOL. She goes online and plays chess sometimes. Sounds like a good place to those people to be playing. As far as I know there in not a Barnes and Noble bookkstore around here unless it is the mall where I never venture out to. We have a Books A Million store not far away though. Have a good day. Helen

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae,  I did try to play chess years ago but failed miserably.  You must need a fair amount of patience to sit there for so long just thinking.  I leave things like that to the experts...lol! :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I can play chess. Not very good at it but I can play. LOL

Anonymous said...

Southern, thanks so much for the mention of the Lair!  I'm really flattered by that and only happened upon your journal when I did a search of my blog's name (rather egotistical, no?).

I used to play chess quite a bit, but I've let my skills with the game rot.  A lot of fun, but darn challenging!

Bill, the Wildcat