Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Last Couple of Days........

Hello Dear World....

Did you miss me ??? Admit it you did.......ha, ha, ha, ha. I didn't get lost out in the world I have been doing a few things and I will explain........in a few minutes

are you ready ???

okay...............Here is my news. Work has kept me busy during the day. Work, work, work and work I'm sure you all know the feeling.

Anyway........For the last couple of nights I have been out with my mother and my aunt whose name is Marie who I adore........She is a lovely lady just like my mother. I am about to share with you a personal note.........We have been going to our church which is named St. Philip Benizi Catholic Church which is located in Jonesboro, Georgia. You can see it at this link ------------------> www.stphilipbenizi.org/ . These last few nights St.Philip has been celebrating the life of St. Anthony of Padua. The celebrations were nice. Tonight's mass was beautiful. At the end of the mass was a special blessing with oil for those who didn't receive it on one of the other nights.

After the mass and everything there was a reception in the mall which is held in a hall down from the church. They have had a reception in the hall for the last few nights during this St. Anthony celebration. Tonight I met a few people who I had never met before after mass in the lobby area and in the reception hall. All in all it was a beautiful night. The last thing I did after mass was I bought some medallions for my coworkers. Hopefully they will like the medallions I'm sure they will.

My church then gave away some of the bottles for us to take home in case we wanted to use it for relatives or loved ones who were sick and unable to attend mass which is nice. By the way dear world if you don't mind me asking........What is the name of your church ? Does your church have any special traditions you want to share with me ? I would like to hear about them all.

I have to tell you that it doesn't feel at all like Spring. It is still cold here in Georgia. I am beginning to wonder if its Spring. Maybe Spring decided to take a vacation and it didn't leave a note to explain its absence. Its that time for both Winter and bears to go into hibernation. I also wouldn't mind if Summer decided to arrive a little bit early this year. I wouldn't complain at all. How is the weather in your neck of the woods ? Are you looking for Spring too ?

One last question..........How has your week been ? I really hope your week has gone okay for you. Any plans for weekend ?? That's all for now................

Good-night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry work has kept you so busy ~ Nice you have been out with your Mum and Aunt Marie ~ it is lovely to spend time with people you love ~ It dosen't feel like Spring here either ~ it is freezing cold ~ I hope if it is on vacation it won't take too long off ~ My week has gone well and I have been with people I love ~ No plans for the weekend though to cold to go out far ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Yes we missed you ,but I understand how work can take up alot of your time enjoyed your account of the celebrations at your Church,with your Mum and Aunty ,...........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Time spent with loved ones, is an investment in the future............
It pays many many returns.........

Anonymous said...

Glad you have been spending quality time with your family.  I have not posted in a while but did today and put some pics on if you would care to visit.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/