Monday, January 30, 2006

WENT TO THE DOCTOR WITH MY MOTHER

Hello Dear World......

 

First of all how are you ? How was your day ? Mine began when I jumped out of bed forgetting that I had to take the day of of work to go to the doctor with my mother. That wasn't the end of my day however not in the least........I had one of those "Really wonderful beginning of the week" kind of day. By the day my mother is fine she just had to go for a regular check up but she needed someone to ride with her in the car so it wasn't nothing bad.

I do have some rather sad news that I heard from one of my friends who keeps a journal titled "My Everyday Life". Her name is Helen. Carlene who keeps a journal titled "HORSESHOE BEND" lost her husband. Please go and offer her some kind words that might help her get through this sad time. Her journal is as follows : "HORSESHOE BEND"

http://journals.aol.com/tendernoggle/HORSESHOEBEND/

 

On a different note my mother and I took a little ride earlier today to uptown Atlanta which includes such places as "The Varsity", Centennial Olympic Park, The Martin Luther King Jr. Historic Site, Atlanta's Turner Baseball Field and a few other places just like those. Then we took a ride to her doctor which was a good visit for her regular check - up.

After her doctor we then went to a little store called "Woori Oriental Food Mart". While we were there I bought some oriental crackers which I had never tried before. The crackers were pretty good. My mother bought her some roasted seaweed and some oriental rice which she uses to make sushi rolls. I can't say that I am a fan of sushi but she enjoys it.

After that we went to a store called Hancock Fabrics which is a store me and my mother both enjoy. The store has things like yarn, buttons, fabric of course, scrapbooking materials, sewing kits and a variety of other things. You might say that Hancock's is a lot like JoAnn's which is just like it.

After all of that we went to lunch at the "Atlanta Bread Company". We both had sandwiches called California Avocado which were great. We chose different breads for our sandwiches. She had a soup with her sandwich and I had a bag of chips with mine. It was my first time having the California Avocado which I have to say I greatly enjoyed. The Atlanta Bread Company is a great place to go eat and hang out at.

I thought I would share a few links with you :

www.thevarsity.com/

www.thekingcenter.org/

www.atlantaga.gov/

www.atlantabotanicalgarden.org/

www.hancockfabrics.com/

www.atlantabread.com/

www.atlantabraves.com/

 

All in all it was a pretty great day......I thought thought you would like to hear all about my day dear world. I just really hope that your Monday was a nice one.

P.S. I just got my catalog that I ordered from a company called "Indigo Wild". You have to go check out the site ----------->  www.indigowild.com/

Well enough about me.......I hope that all is well with you. Tonight you are my last call of the day so I would like to say...........good night and sweet dreams......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning Carlene's loss in your journal. Sounds like you and Mom had a good day after the Dr's visit. Hope you day goes well today, Helen

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you and to be given a chance to share in your busy day! I just got hungry reading about the Atlanta Bread Company, so I am off to lunch!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I cried so much when I heard about Danny. She is only 2 hours away but I could not getthere.