Sunday, January 22, 2006

A Little Of My Day......Nothing Ordinary

Hello World........

How are you ? Well I'm sure you were wondering what I've been up to lately. Let me tell you I have been hanging at the house, pretty boring huh ??? Earlier this evening I had dinner with the family. We had some chicken with some barbecue sauce my father bought at the grocery store. The name of this bar-b-cue sauce was "Montgomery Inn Barbecue Sauce". The guy who made it is named Ted Gregory or as he calls himself "The Ribs King". Written on the bottle was that this barbecue sauce is rather famous at a restaurant called "The Montgomery Inn Boathouse" Restaurant which is located on the northern shore of the Ohio river in Cincinnati. You can check it out at www.MontgomeryInn.com . My family and I agreed that this sauce could have stayed at the grocery store because it wasn't good at all. It had a sweet jelly taste to it and I don't think that's the way a good barbecue sauce should taste. I know what your thinking....I didn't like Emeril Lagasse's barbecue sauce and I didn't like this. Well I am just wondering if there is a cook out there who can make a good barbecue sauce at all. Is there anyone out there who can make a decent tasting barbecue sauce ???? I am doubtful seriously doubtful. Maybe I should become the new barbecue taste critic, now there's an idea don't you think ? All kidding aside this barbecue sauce was really lacking in what it was supposed to be..........Barbecue Sauce.

On a totally different note........I was a reading one of my favorite journals titled "The Hadonfield Myers Experience" which led me to another journal titled "Tiny Drop Big Ocean" --------> http://journals.aol.com/sierrajazz/TinyDropBigOcean/ .

I have another journal to share with you titled "Diary of a Mad Woman -----------> http://journals.aol.com/queenb8261/DiaryofaMadwoman/

I also came upon one titled "A not very good random snapshot of London Life..... --------------> http://justpointandpress.blogspot.com/

Check this one out as well titled "F-Stop" ---------------> http://f-stop2006.blogspot.com/

Here's another one you will enjoy titled "Front Doors" ---------------> http://frontdoors.blogspot.com/

Here's another that you will like ----------------> MY COUNTRY LIFE, Part 2 ---------------> http://journals.aol.com/mocephas57/MYCOUNTRYLIFEPart2/

Last but not least is another journal titled "Moonlight Drive" -------------> http://journals.aol.com/alphamoon65/MoonlightDrive/

There's another journal titled "AOL Journals: Magic Smoke" ------> http://journals.aol.com/journalseditor/magicsmoke/ that showed some rather interesting pictures of some clouds. I happen to like looking at clouds. Do you like looking at clouds dear world ? Drop by this journal and take a look at a few that I thought was interesting. Take a look at this site

www.inclouds.com/

Tell the keepers of these journals that I sent you. Leave them a comment or 2 and tell them what you think. I will talk to you again soon.............I will leave you with a poem written by Christine Bruun titled "Cloud Pictures"

Cloud Pictures

On summer days it's fun to sit

Beside a tree or under it,

And watch the clouds go drifting by,

Making pictures in the sky.

Once I saw a pirate ship.

The flag was flying high on it.

A rocket blasted off for Mars,

And race car drivers raced their cars.

A wicked witch flew over head.

Her broom and black cat gave me dread.

Seals and bears came into sight.

As cloud zoos float, a great delight !

A circus too, clowns and more !

From fluffy clouds that dip and soar,

On summer days as I sit by,

Under trees, and watch the sky.

-------------------------------------Christine Bruun

Good night and Sweet Dreams Dear World.........

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know there are so many good journals out there, I feel I need to retire and then just sit and read journals all day, every day.  I know that the ones I get alerts on are just a drop in the bucket.  I wonder if anyone knows how many there really are?  YEAH SEAHAWKS !!!   Linda in Washington state

Anonymous said...

I've discovered that most of the barbecue sauces that claim they are the BEST always turn out to be the WORST!
I wish I had time to read all the journals out there in Blogland, there are so many good ones. Thanks for sharing these.

Just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten you!       Jon

Anonymous said...

I love your name...how cool.  thanks for visiting my journal.  I tried to make my own bbq sauce once..and it turned out lumpy...lol yes lumpy.  I like Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce...I usually "doctor up" sauces with my own ideas.  
Dwana

Anonymous said...

Hey Mushie!  My "blog about this entry" regarding your grocery store (little giant) zapped off into the ether, which means that I did something wrong, will try again.

Regardless, Barbecue sauce ... nectar of the Gods!  For chicken or pork chops on the grill -- Kansas City Masterpiece hickory brown sugar - sweet not too hot but truly compliments white meat.  For beef or if you like spicy and not so sweet Bullseye original.  Both are "no fail" sauces.  Both are available at your (and my) favorite grocery the Kroger.  

That aside, as a pre barbecue marinade, try "Tiger Sauce" which (sadly) Kroger no longer carries.