Monday, January 2, 2006

My New Year's and a bit of Hail..........

Hello Dear World.......

First let me wish you all a "Happy New Year". Me and my family stayed at a hotel called the "Atlanta Airport Hilton"for New Year's Eve you can find it at www.atlanta.hilton.com . As a little note the Hilton is located on 1031 Virginia Ave. One of the great nearby attractions is "Underground Atlanta" check it out at -------------> www.underground-atlanta.com/ . We had gotten two rooms there. My folks stayed in 1 room and my sister and I in the other. We also brought some food with us including dessert and then we watched from our windows a wonderful show of fireworks. We also watched the peach drop on the television and then we watched the ball drop in Times Square in New York on television as well. After that we ate and welcomed in the New Year with lots of celebration in our rooms. We stayed overnight which was fun. The next day we went out to eat, we got home and a few hours later we had a little meal later that same day. It was a wonderful time all around. I wanted you all to know that I certainly thought of you all dear world hoping you all had a good new year's as I did.

As a note I have a few instructions to staying at a hotel :

1. Get as many of those little bottles of shampoos as you can just for a little souveneir.

2. Call and ask for extra towels you will thank me for this.

3. Go the machine and fill the bucket in your room with ice several times during the night.

4. Bring 1 pillow from home for a little comfort of home.

5. Get a room with a king size bed.

6. Don't leave home without toothpaste, your toothbrush, a comb, a brush, a robe and slippers.

7. Visit the gift shop at least once.

8. Bring an overnight bag just for added supplies.

9. Request extra toiletries !!!!!1

10. Have fun.

On a different note today I went out with my mother and my older niece. We went out to do a litle bit of shopping. Let me tell you that it was quite a stormy day here in Atlanta. We didn't just get rain it was a day of rain and hail. I am not talking ordinary hail here I'm talking dime sized hail or what you might call half melted round pieces of really frozen ice. It came down rather hard and on the radio there was talk of a tornado warning in Metro Atlanta. By the time we hit our neighborhood all the rain and hail had completely stopped. Then we took a ride down to Blockbuster for more movies. The movies we rented were "The Longest Yard" with Adam Sandler and the other was called "The Island". When we got home we watched "The Longest Yard" which let me tell you was beyond funny........it was a "laughing so hard you cried" kind of movie. My family and I loved it all the way to the end. It was a little late so we didn't see "The Island" I will let you know how it was later. All in all it was quite a day..........

Let me once again wish you all a "Happy New Year"!!!!!!!!!!

Before I say good night I would like you to check out www.cappers.com/ its well worth a visit......

For now good night and sweet dreams..........

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such an enjoyable time at New Year. Never stay in hotels so the tips will not be needed by me but I am sure they will be useful to many.
That book by Graham Masterton is called "Prey".  He has written many books and if you like horror stories or suspense he is a master at it.  I am sure your library would have it.  If not you can buy most of his books online at Amazon.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae, I`m glad that you had a great New Year.  Very good advice when visiting hotels, always get your monies worth and keep all the little bottles of shower gel, shampoo etc.  I usually keep the pens they leave out too!  I doubt if I`d bother with the ice machine at this time of year though...brrr! :o)

Sandra xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Monae,

im so glad you had a very memorable New Years Eve.

best wishes to you this year in 2006. May you do anything you want, and succeed at it too.

many hugs,
Meg