Saturday, April 8, 2006

My Saturday......

Hello Dear World.....

Today I had a pretty wonderful day. My day began with doughnuts from my favorite doughnut shop otherwise known as Krispy Kreme. After doughnuts I went back to bed and fell asleep. After I woke up my folks and I took a ride down to the DeKalb Farmers Market which is the next best thing to going to a foreign country.

At the market you see people from all nationalities and you can see and buy foods from all over the world such as India, Thailand, France and a whole lot more. They had some nice looking guys there from parts of the world I have never been to.One of the guys was looking at me and smiling at me like I was the prettiest woman in the world I guess to him I was. He was smiling at me like I was a $50 dollar bill. I don't know where he was from but you could tell he was from a foreign country but he was a pretty nice looking guy. I'm sure its highly possible that he spoke a foreign language although I didn't go up and speak to him. Of course I've never walked up to a guy and made conversation.

Also at the market there is a dessert called a Gelato which is creamier than regular ice-cream. I bought me one of the Gelato's which was pretty great. Here is a little note: Italy is the birth place of the Gelato. If you ever go to such a place as I did buy yourself a cup and give it a taste you will like it. I would move to Italy just for the Gelato. What is Gelato ?

( Gelato ) is an Italian frozen dessert made from milk ( or also soy milk ) and sugar, combined with other flavourings. I learned that today.

I can say with certainty that going to the DeKalb Farmers Market is a real adventure and there's plenty to see and lots of food that anyone would want to try. I like going there and buying food that I have never had before. I hope you get a chance to experience such a place as the one I went to.

By the way have you ever been to such a place ????

P.S. Some of you might not know this but I will be leaving J-Land pretty soon which I am sad to report. I will miss you all I have come to love many of your journals and friendship you know who you are..........I have been a fan of many of your journals as well and you also know who you are. My new e-mail address is as follows : Southernmush@bellsouth.net

If you wish to contact me you can send me a note at that address. I would also enjoy your letters and kind words. I will certainly miss you all. J-Land was a 2nd home to me which will make it hard for me when my time with AOL comes to an end. I love you all..........

Your friend,

Southernmush

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those doughnuts.....
When they first became available at our local gas pantries, I stopped every morning and got two of them and a cup of coffee on my way to work...
I think I gained 10 pounds that first month....

Anonymous said...

I used to love thos doughnuts  but can't have them now as I am a diabetic now. Do go ahead and start yourself a journal on AIM. have a nice Sunday. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Oh thats not good news Why are you leaving ,I so enjoy your journal ,yes we have farmers markets here they are fun arent they We also have French markets oo la la The wines and cheeses !..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It`s such a shame you are leaving us Monae, but remember what I said about starting a new blog that we can all read.  We want to know how you are.  I love doughnuts from Krispy Kreme but they are quite expensive over here so I only buy one occasionally for a treat.  They are tasty though.  We get foreign markets in our town from time to time.  There are stalls from all over Europe selling all sorts of foodstuffs. I love to buy the cheeses, they are amazing. :o0

Sandra xxxx