Sunday, April 23, 2006

More Exciting News..........

Hello Dear World......

How has your day been ? Its a wonderful sun-drenched day here in Atlanta, Georgia and its a wonderful day. My dad is bar-b-queing on our deck and my mom is preparing some ribs. What is my exciting news you might be wondering.......

Well Friday my family and I will be going to a place called " Crooked River State Park " which is located on Georgia's Colonial Coast and it is surrounded by Spanish moss-draped oaks, sounds enchanting doesn't it ? I agree. I can't wait until Friday. My family and I haven't been camping in quite a while. My dad is loading up our popup camper which we take camping with us when we get the chance. Have you ever been camping dear world ???

I would like to share a poem with you by the writer and poet R.Brimm who keeps a journal here at J-Land called " Chosen Words ". Being that I am a fan of his and the fact that I am feeling rather great I thought it was a perfect poem to share on such a beautiful day like today. The poem was included in his e-letter "Squiggles & Giggles" which I am a huge fan. Without further ado.....

Feeding Time

Happiness

is a moment caught

in the grasp

of memory,

that remembrance

of warm spring sun

spilling across

the valley, a bird

drifting across

the endless blue

of sky, a bee

searching flowers,

a quiet pause that

feeds the soul.

 

R.Brimm

--------------------

What is the weather like in your neck of the woods dear world ? Are you planning any trips ? What do you think of the price of gas these days ? Do you think its a bit much like ? I just have to ask..

I read a journal today one of my many favorites titled " Dave Cryer, Cave Dryer " which is a great journal. The writer of this journal travels a great deal and I had to share it with all of you. I think you will enjoy reading this journal as I do. You will enjoy reading about his travels and you will want to include it as one of your favorites. Drop by and say hello. Here is the link ------------> Dave Cryer, Cave Dryer ........ http://journals.aol.co.uk/davobarbus/DaveCryerCaveDryer/

Take care my dear world........

Yours, M.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there- here in Scotland it has been a lovely day- 18degrees, sunshine. First real Spring day. Spent it out for a bike ride and in the garden. I really enjoy your journal and will be sorry when you leave AOL. Thanks Southernmush. x

Anonymous said...

We used to have a camper on the water but we sold it several years ago. It is a very pretty day here is Alabama. Those BBQ ribs sure sounds good. The poem was good also. We checked out gas this am and premium is 3.01 to 3.05 . Ken's work uses the high test but I can get by with the medium grade in the SUV. Hope you and you family have a great camping trip next weekend. Helen

Anonymous said...

By the way, petrol is around 94 pence, that's about $1.40 per LITRE! You think it's bad for you. They say prices are set to rise a lot more over the summer.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to step in for a visit and find things going so well today. Enjoy the trip and i hope the ribs were good too!


Have a good rest of the week!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have fun camping...I love doing it myself!  :)