Saturday, April 22, 2006

My "30th" Birthday

Hello Dear World.....

How are you ? Well I'm officially " 30 " but no gray hairs as yet. Thank you all for your kind wishes and cards you sent me. I appreciate all of you here at J-Land. You are all so very dear to me. Thank you Mr. Brimm for including me in Squiggles & Giggles that was such an honor it really really was. So dear world I have so much to tell you but I don't know where to start except at the beginning.

How did I wake up ? Hmmmm.....Let me think.....Hmmmmm......Has my memory left me already ??? No, just kidding. I woke up to my family singing " Happy Birthday " to me which was nice and it hit me that it was my 30th birthday.

Today as you all know my family and I went  to the Fernbank Museum Of Natural History. It was my first trip to the museum and I can say that it was amazing.Fernbank is a pretty big museum. There was a lot to see and do at Fernbank. Here is a list of what we saw : A Star Gallery which included 542 twinkling stars, there was also a wide array of seashells collected from the Georgia coast as  well as a 900-gallon aquarium filled with a variety of colorful fish.

Then my family and I took a walk through time in one of Fernbank's galleries which held a giant sloth, a cave, various animals and also the many sights and sounds of the Okefenokee Swamp. In Fernbank we also got to see a 123-foot long, 100-ton, plant -eating Argentinosaurus, the largest known dinosaur to ever walk the earth up close and personal. We also saw a 47-foot long, 8 -ton Giganotasaurus.

At the museum there was also an IMAX theatre with a 12,000-watt digital sound system. My family and I also got a chance to see the fossil remains of a sea creatures that lived during the Jurassic Period more than 150 million years ago. There was quite a bit of hands on activities for the young and for adults of all ages.

Being at the Fernbank museum was an adventure. Being with my family was very wonderful. My nieces also told me that they had a fun time. The greatest part of the museum was the " Chocolate " exhibition which showed where cocoa seeds are found. The exhibition displayed chocolates from all around the world. The exhibition also included a wonderful chocolate shoppe. Being that I am a huge fan of chocolate I wish I could have bought every chocolate in the shoppe. The rich aroma of chocolate flooded the exhibition which was just fine with me.

Wait.....I'm not done yet. After my family and I returned from Fernbank my sister, my oldest niece and one of her friends went to the mall. When we got home I was surprised to find that my folks had bought me a very rich chocolate birthday cake. After the cake we then went out to eat at La Parrilla which is one of my favorite Mexican restaurants. Last night we also went out to eat at a seafood restaurant called " Red Lobster ". At the restaurant my folks had them sing " Happy Birthday " to me. Tonight my folks had " La Parrilla " sing to me while one of the guys played a guitar. You didn't hear the best part......They had me wear a Sombrero which is a traditional Mexican hat as they sang to me.

Tonight was a full day for me turning " 30 ". I couldn't have had a better birthday than the one I had.........I had a very fun day.........I just wish that tonight I will close my eyes and relive every moment of it.

Well dear world.......I couldn't have included any thing else in my day.......Have you ever had a memorable birthday ???

I sure did...

I hope your Saturday was a nice one....Until the sun rises again....... All my love

Good-night.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!  :)

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a fabulous birthday.................
And your family sounds very very nice.
Happy 30th Birthday.............

Anonymous said...

How wonderful,So pleased you had such a good day, happy belated Birthday ........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

...Happy Belated Birthday!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm glad to hear that your day was so full of adventure.

...sweetest dreams...Terry

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good day ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if you had a very fun day with your family. I am glad you had a great time. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae,  Again my dear, a very Happy Birthday. :o)

Sandra xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Monae, Nice to meet you.
Thank you for introducing yourself, and featuring me in your journal.
Happy Birthday too, sounds like you had a good one.
I LOVE Red Lobster, :)
Delaine